Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 8: What is the difference between IT Inventory and Discovery Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, Inventory and Discovery. What do they mean? Why are they important? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYqb4SJVpQ Please...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
It’s been a busy few weeks in the Enterprise SaaS Management space. Read on for a roundup of investment announcements, acquisitions, and new entrants. We firmly believe that 2021 will be a year of rapid growth for SaaS Management tools and services, as customers seek to get to grips...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 6: What IT Assets should I be managing? Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we look at choosing which IT assets to manage to avoid overwhelm and deliver value to...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 5: Ask four questions to understand how IT assets are managed in your organisation. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore how to understand how IT assets...
This article “Public Cloud: The new gold rush” was contributed by Mikkel Brun Naesager. Image by Mike Goad from Pixabay They’ve found gold out West! So started the California Gold Rush in 1848, and so begins the Cloud-age Gold Rush. The FinOps Goldrush. The Wild West...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 4: What is a software audit? four types explained. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore four types of software audit. https://youtu.be/0ouOSTiMEhM Please...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy ITAM professional some good insights. Who is likely to increase...
Image credit: Touzrimounir, CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons Early 2021 has been a busy time for ITAM tool and service providers. We’ve seen announcements from Flexera, Aspera, Ivanti, and Cleanshelf and they all have one thing in common – looking to address the need to integrate...
A busy month as Gartner drop the SAM Tools Magic Quadrant, Ivanti & SoftwareOne both make more acquisitions, Oracle expand their tool acceptance, and VMware need a new CEO. Gartner drop SAM Tools MQ Gartner have decided not to continue with the Magic Quadrant for SAM Tools –...
Executive Summary The ITAM Review is pleased to announce that USU Software Asset Management is certified for Enterprise SAM. ITAM Industry Analyst AJ Witt said: USU Software Asset Management is a mature product which met our detailed criteria for SAM tooling at enterprise scale. USU’s...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Risk Management within ITAM
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know