The third Working Draft of ‘ISO/IEC 19770-2 SAM Tag’ was released by the 19770-2 Other Working Group on 14 April 2008. This is available for public review until 11 May 2008. The full draft, together with the commenting template and instructions, in available for open distribution...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
Stuart Brown MBCS, a services architect with 3net Ltd gets to grips with ITAM. Most large organizations do not really know what IT assets they have or who is looking after them, so using the inventory, investigation and improvement process outlined here can result in real economic...
“Tools hire firm Speedy Hire expects to save £2m over the next six years after rationalising the way it licenses Microsoft software.” Computer Weekly reports how Speedy Hire centralised purchasing of licenses and rationalised software for it’s 3,500 user estate...
Silicon.com reports on Leeds City Council’s XP migration using Centennial Discovery from ITAM Vendor Centennial Software. “The mammoth task of migrating the council’s staff of more than 12,000 laptop and PC users to Windows XP was streamlined using Centennial Discovery...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know