The Pareto principle can usually be applied to mitigating the risks associated with software. That is, 80% of the headaches, compliance issues and financial risk of software can be reduced by targeting 20% of your software vendor portfolio. I expect that this is not an approach...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
Computer Weekly reports that Irwin Mitchell, a UK law firm with more than 2,500 employees, expects to save a total of £65,000 a year by driving down power consumption in its IT department.Gary Thomas, head of IT at Irwin Mitchell, said the company is working towards compliance with...
An interesting article in Reseller News in New Zealand highlights the “Four keys to Vista migration success”. 1. Tie the OS upgrade to your company’s natural PC refresh cycle. 2. Beware of application compatibility hiccups. 3. Rework software developed in-house to...
The third Working Draft of ‘ISO/IEC 19770-2 SAM Tag’ was released by the 19770-2 Other Working Group on 14 April 2008. This is available for public review until 11 May 2008. The full draft, together with the commenting template and instructions, in available for open distribution...
Stuart Brown MBCS, a services architect with 3net Ltd gets to grips with ITAM. Most large organizations do not really know what IT assets they have or who is looking after them, so using the inventory, investigation and improvement process outlined here can result in real economic...
“Tools hire firm Speedy Hire expects to save £2m over the next six years after rationalising the way it licenses Microsoft software.” Computer Weekly reports how Speedy Hire centralised purchasing of licenses and rationalised software for it’s 3,500 user estate...
Silicon.com reports on Leeds City Council’s XP migration using Centennial Discovery from ITAM Vendor Centennial Software. “The mammoth task of migrating the council’s staff of more than 12,000 laptop and PC users to Windows XP was streamlined using Centennial Discovery...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
- Oracle will manage your BYOL compliance for you…
- ITAM + DEX – a podcast with 1E
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?