This article has been contributed by Gilles Auchere, Business Development at Econocom and Board Director at Free ICT Europe. The WannaCry ransomware attack has infected more than 230,000 computers in over 150 countries. The unprecedented ransomware attack that started on 12th May...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
This may come as a surprise to you, but there are some people that find Software Asset Management and Software Licensing a tedious, dull subject. Not being one of those people, I find it tough to understand how and why they don’t find our industry fascinating. There are thousands...
When should you outsource ITAM to a third party? When does it make more sense to keep resources in house? This article is in response to an ITAM Review reader question as follows (edited for brevity): “I’ve recently become the ITAM Leader at <Company>. Where I’m needing...
In this podcast, I am joined by Rory Canavan of SAM Charter to share his views and experiences on ISO/IEC 19770-1 Standard. Throughout the podcast, Rory refers to SAM Charter’s approach to SAM: CLICK TO ENLARGE Discussion Topics: The role of ISO/IEC 19770-1 in SAM implementations Risk...
The SAM team at Roche won the ITAM Review Project of the Year 2016 in our Excellence Awards in November. In this article George Arezina shares the story behind the Roche win. Thanks to George and team for sharing their journey. An established global leader in research focused...
SaaS apps transcend the IT department, so should SaaS optimisation Many ITAM Review readers are yet to get their arms around the issue of managing the risk and cost of cloud based software. Whilst it still represents a small percentage of annual spend, it’s a growing area and something...
Make 2017 “The SAM Year” for your Organization Many organizations are overspending on Software and at the same time are at risk of non-compliance by not keeping their Software Assets & Usage under control. Below provides an overview of key SAM Focus Areas worth tackling in...
The table below shows how the 12 Box model from The ITAM Review compares to the International Standard for SAM, ISO/IEC 19770-1 (2012). The major competency areas for the 12 Box model are on the left hand side and the major process areas for ISO/IEC 19770 are along the top column. ISO/IEC...
Vendor audit cycle: audits have become so common in the enterprise IT landscape that they are beginning to be accepted as “business as usual.” This article has been contributed by Walker White of BDNA. Ending the vendor audit cycle Vendor software and hardware audits have become...
What is the brick wall stopping your progress with ITAM? If your organization is running an in-house Software Asset Management program, the chances are your SAM team can boil their activity down to one thing: Compliance. Ensuring your organization isn’t under-licensed (and...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
- Oracle will manage your BYOL compliance for you…
- ITAM + DEX – a podcast with 1E
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?