Two good sites with advice on hardware and software compatability for Windows Vista: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor – which includes a quick and intuitive tool for benchmarking your systems Windows Vista Compatibility Center – search engine for finding individual applications...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
Microsoft has always led the field in software asset management and license compliance from a software vendor perspective and their latest offering consolidates this position. Their SAM Optimization Model, announced at their Worldwide Partner Conference in Houston this week, offers...
The Pareto principle can usually be applied to mitigating the risks associated with software. That is, 80% of the headaches, compliance issues and financial risk of software can be reduced by targeting 20% of your software vendor portfolio. I expect that this is not an approach...
Computer Weekly reports that Irwin Mitchell, a UK law firm with more than 2,500 employees, expects to save a total of £65,000 a year by driving down power consumption in its IT department.Gary Thomas, head of IT at Irwin Mitchell, said the company is working towards compliance with...
An interesting article in Reseller News in New Zealand highlights the “Four keys to Vista migration success”. 1. Tie the OS upgrade to your company’s natural PC refresh cycle. 2. Beware of application compatibility hiccups. 3. Rework software developed in-house to...
“Tools hire firm Speedy Hire expects to save £2m over the next six years after rationalising the way it licenses Microsoft software.” Computer Weekly reports how Speedy Hire centralised purchasing of licenses and rationalised software for it’s 3,500 user estate...
Silicon.com reports on Leeds City Council’s XP migration using Centennial Discovery from ITAM Vendor Centennial Software. “The mammoth task of migrating the council’s staff of more than 12,000 laptop and PC users to Windows XP was streamlined using Centennial Discovery...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know