Open Source software vendors are starting to fight back at what they perceive to be the misuse of their products by global cloud providers. Sick of other companies using freely available software to make money, certain vendors have introduced to license types to put a stop to it. Redis Redis...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
This article was prompted by a discussion with an ITAM Review reader, asking how they should maximise the value of an expensive tool deployment that wasn’t, as yet, delivering results.ITAM tools can be seen as a magic bullet for software asset management – buy the tool, install...
The latest figures from SaaS Management tool vendor Zylo show that companies are getting worse at SaaS spend management. Typically, tool vendors in this market usually quote 30% wastage as part of their pitch – Zylo’s research shows that figure has risen to 37%. There are...
ServiceNow held a launch event on Tuesday 12th September for their London release, skilfully avoiding a scheduling conflict with a slightly bigger event just down the road in Cupertino. The key components discussed at the launch include: License Change Projection Application Lifecycle...
Most people are aware that Oracle classifies – in its Partitioning policy – the different virtualization/server partitioning technologies into: Soft Partitioning Hard Partitioning Oracle Trusted Partitions for Oracle Engineered Systems The most commonly used virtualization...
Don’t get caught in a trap, ensure you’re compliant This article has been contributed by Eric Chiu of FisherITS Customers can still be fined for violating IBM’s Sub-Capacity licensing terms even after deploying the ILMT tool. This article takes a look at the areas...
At our UK Conference I called for SAM teams to forge strong ties with their colleagues in IT Security and Compliance. My session highlighted how we as SAM managers have much in common in terms of tools and processes with them. We are also seeing former pure-play IT Security vendors...
Reuters report that the Israeli government is preparing not to renew their Microsoft licensing agreement for “Office, Windows, and server software”. According to the Israeli Finance Ministry, “Microsoft is trying to shift Israel…to a subscription system that...
Should SaaS Management prioritise risk over cost savings? the cost of a breach from the perspective of PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, or GDPR is going to far outweigh any cost savings you may get from flexing which Office 365 plan your users are on. As Software Asset Managers we are used to...
Microsoft have released the first public previews of their next generation of on-premises Office server products – that is: Exchange Server 2019 SharePoint Server 2019 Skype for Business Server 2019 Exchange Server 2019 The next release of Exchange Server will run on Windows Server...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging