The technology landscape is shifting all the time with changes being brought about by virtualization, mobility and cloud. With this dynamism and force for change in mind, I was particularly interested to speak this week to Mark Ridley, head of technology at the UK job site Reed.co.uk...
Category: Case Studies
Application Usage Management company Flexera Software has been added to the US Department of Defense (DOD) list of approved providers for IT Asset Management. US federal defense agencies can now use FlexNet Manager Suite to help implement new Software License Optimization provision...
Arup is best know for its design work for the built environment such as 30 St. Mary Axe a.k.a 'The Gherkin' in London (for which Arup were structural engineers). Software efficiency vendor 1E has sold its license optimisation tool to structural engineering firm Arup. The tool...
Jeff Ferguson I plan to publish an interview with an ITAM Review Virtual User Group member once a month (assuming we have enough volunteers!). In this first interview I ask Jeff Ferguson, an ITAM and Technical Procurement Professional in the USA about his experiences with a project...
Mutual of Omaha - Controlling M&E Spend Thanks to the Infrastructure Executive Board for sharing this great case study. It details how Nebraska based Mutual of Omaha took a proactive approach to their ongoing maintenance and enhancement spend using usage monitoring. SAM specialists...
Many statements are bandied about the industry on how much you can save with Software Asset Management, for example: “Organizations can realize cost savings between 5% and 35% by implementing focussed software asset management practices” Gartner Less common, are examples of organisations...
As a result of the work I did with the Infrastructure Executive Board last year I am able to share a great SAM case study. It details how Bristol-Myers Squibb, a global BioPharmaceutical company with over 30,000 employees implemented their software asset management process. It is...
If there is one common trend over the last couple of years it’s automation. For example “Give me intelligence from my asset data without hundreds of hours of crunching” and “Give me more out of the box functionality” are common requests in the 2010 tools census. The...
I had the pleasure to meet with Paul Baum and Ed Stukane from PlanITROI at IAITAM last year. Here they share their GSK case study. It is good to see how Armin Jahromi, Service Development Manager at GlaxoSmithKline ‘sold the green’ and recruited a small crew of volunteers...
Certero are a relative newcomer to the ITAM industry but seem to be gaining traction with their AssetStudio product. Swinton Insurance are a UK based high street retailer of Insurance products and have chosen Certero to provide a solution that gives complete visibility of its IT assets. Commenting,...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process