An Overview of a recent Software Asset Management (SAM) and Compliance Consultancy from Australia. Smartpath SAM Services is an Australian based specialist Asset Management consultancy. Smartpath recently completed a SAM and License Software Compliance consultancy for a major Australian...
Category: Case Studies
As part of my ongoing work with the IEC I was fortunate enough to participate on a call with an organization that is ahead of the curve in IT Asset Management. The principle behind the IEC is to find out what the best companies do, in order to share methodology with peers –...
This case study has been contributed by IT Asset Management partner CRC. STUDENT LOANS COMPANY CLARIFIES VIEW OF IT ASSETS WITH CRC The Student Loans Company (SLC) is wholly owned by the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills and Scottish ministers. Its aim is to provide...
The BBC has reportedly reduced it’s software spend by using software usage data on SAP licensing. Silicon reports that there were 2,126 staff members with licenses to use their SAP ERP system who had not logged in during a 3 month period, highlighting a potential £300K ($450K)...
Osmose Holdings sought a automated software asset management system following a ‘True-Up’ of it Microsoft licensing. The Wood Management specialists vowed “never again” to negotiating their Enterprise Agreement without first analysing their software estate and quickly demonstrated...
British Race Circuit Silverstone has cut Licensing Costs by 20% by implementing a software asset management project. The circuit is best known for hosting the British Grand Prix Kevin O’Brien, IT Manager, said savings were being made by monitoring which software was in use...
Microsoft have released a new Software Asset Management case study for the Bowmer and Kirkland Group, a 1,600 employee construction and development company based in Belper, UK. The group has started to benefit from a clearer view of their licensing position, slicker processes and...
Computer Weekly reports that Irwin Mitchell, a UK law firm with more than 2,500 employees, expects to save a total of £65,000 a year by driving down power consumption in its IT department.Gary Thomas, head of IT at Irwin Mitchell, said the company is working towards compliance with...
“Tools hire firm Speedy Hire expects to save £2m over the next six years after rationalising the way it licenses Microsoft software.” Computer Weekly reports how Speedy Hire centralised purchasing of licenses and rationalised software for it’s 3,500 user estate...
Silicon.com reports on Leeds City Council’s XP migration using Centennial Discovery from ITAM Vendor Centennial Software. “The mammoth task of migrating the council’s staff of more than 12,000 laptop and PC users to Windows XP was streamlined using Centennial Discovery...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process