What new features do users consider to be the most valuable? So far common themes include: Automated reconciliation Usable business metrics without having to self cleanse data Auto Discovery More out of the box content and license knowledge SAM functionality on IBM and SAP Training...
Category: ITAM Review News
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area. Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area.
We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
I have started to receive feedback for ‘Negotiating with Microsoft’ by Daryl Ullman: An excellent overview on how to prepare to negotiate with Microsoft and what your options are, with guidance on what can (should!) be negotiated. Richard Weigel Pfizer
I had the pleasure to meet with Paul Baum and Ed Stukane from PlanITROI at IAITAM last year. Here they share their GSK case study. It is good to see how Armin Jahromi, Service Development Manager at GlaxoSmithKline ‘sold the green’ and recruited a small crew of volunteers...
The ITAM Review is proud to be co-sponsoring the ‘2010 Best Use Of Tags’ Contest. The contest will identify and recommend those SAM vendors who have clearly demonstrated the use of tags in their technology. Last month I posted an update to the ISO/IEC 19770 Standard (see...
‘Negotiating with Microsoft’ by Daryl Ullman – A step by step practical guide to prepare for negotiating with Microsoft. I have a limited number of free copies of this new book to give away to readers who can provide a review. To receive a review copy please contact...
A few weeks back I published a survey asking which research was most popular. See the original article here. The results so far are: Enterprise SAM Tools (Most Popular) Microsoft SCCM Add-Ons Tools for Virtual Environments SaaS Tools Group Test Agent vs Agentless Trade-off Systems...
With the Mid-Market SAM Software Group Test published I am now turning my attention to future reports to develop for the ITAM Review. I recently published the most popular articles over the first year of the ITAM Review (See – ‘A Big Thankyou‘). Based on the popularity...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know