You may already have heard talk about Microsoft introducing a SAM Managed Service – and, after attending the Microsoft Inspire partner conference, we’ve got more information for you here…both around the “how” and the “why”. What is it? Microsoft’s new SAM Managed Service...
Although it wasn’t mentioned in the Day 1 keynote at Microsoft Inspire, a pretty interesting announcement was made via the Windows Blog: Microsoft are adding virtualisation rights to Windows 10 purchased via the CSP program Hang on, what’s CSP? The Cloud Solution Provider (CSP)...
At Microsoft Inspire 2017, in Washington D.C, Flexera and Microsoft announced a new partnership – aimed at solving a problem in what they call “the software supply chain”. New service Combining Flexera’s FlexNetManager Suite with Microsoft’s Intelligent Asset Manager,...
Last week saw Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference, newly christened “Inspire”, take place and one of the announcements was Microsoft 365. What is it? Microsoft 365 is, in part, a new evolution of Secure Productive Enterprise (SPE)…which was itself the progression...
What’s happening? It’s quite common for organisations to use a perpetual license of Office to access their Office 365 services such as Exchange Online, E1 etc. Microsoft have announced a change to Office 365 support requirements that may mean a change of strategy for some organisations: “Starting...
Visual Studio 2017 The latest release of Visual Studio is now in the Product Terms. Editions available are: Professional 2017 Professional 2017 Subscription Enterprise 2017 Subscription Test Professional 2017 Subscription MSDN Platforms This can be found on pages 35/36 of the April...
We’re excited to announce our latest training offering for 2017 – a one day UK Microsoft Licensing Training Course, delivered by Microsoft Licensing Expert Rich Gibbons. This is an ideal session if you and your organisation would benefit from more information on licensing...
Your PC uses a processor that isn’t supported on this version of Windows Microsoft announced towards the end of 2016 that Windows 10 would be the only supported operating system for the new 7th generation of CPUs, including Intel Kaby Lake and AMD Bristol Ridge. There have been...
Premium Assurance adds an additional six years of product support for Windows Server and SQL Server Product Terms Premium Assurance The big addition to this month’s Product Terms is the availability of Premium Assurance. What is it? These new offerings are aimed at organisations...
Following Rich joining The ITAM Review team last week, we thought we catch up with the Microsoft Licensing Guru himself on a Podcast to discuss the current hot topics in Microsoft Licensing. Podcast Topics Introducing Rich Gibbons Premises & The Cloud Azure & Office 365 Steve...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)