Keeping up with changes to Microsoft product terms is a full time job! In this article Rich Gibbons provides an update to the key changes for January and February 2017. Microsoft Product Terms changes – January 2017 System Center Client Management Suite This license was a...
The bumps in the road when upgrading to Office 365 and how to overcome them A number of organisations who have already gone through this process may have already experienced this, but for those of you who are thinking about upgrading to Office 365, there is a slight bump in the road...
Christopher Brune, Consultant, Aspera GmbH I recently spoke with Christopher Brune, consultant at Aspera, about Microsoft Windows Server Datacenter licensing. ITAM Review: Christopher, let’s introduce you to the reader. What is it like to be Mr. Christopher Brune working at Aspera? Christopher...
Back in October 2014 we published a comparison of four SAM tools with Microsoft License Management capabilities (See: Microsoft License Management Group Test – The Results). This previous group test above was based on a questionnaire completed by participating vendors and an online...
The ITAM Review team returned to Baruch College in New York on Wednesday 21st October 2015 for our final event in the US this year, and the last event in our Datacenter series – the US Microsoft Licensing Seminar. The US Microsoft Licensing Seminar was attended by end users,...
Unbundling Microsoft product options In this podcast I was joined by some great experts who share their opinions on Microsoft. Tim Hegedus, Miro Consulting Mike Austin, Method 180 Sumin Chen, Belarc Peter Beruk, 1E Kevin Suckow, SoftwareOne Mandi Sue Bleau, Flexera Software This...
Managing Microsoft within the Datacentre This is the second in the series of podcasts on Microsoft Licensing. In this Podcast we are joined by 3 professionals who will be sharing their knowledge and experience with regards to tackling Microsoft Licensing in the Datacentre: Leigh...
In-case you have been in hiding or without any internet connection over the past six months, you may be aware that Microsoft have released their new operating system; Windows 10. Windows 10 follows on from Windows 8.1, which had moderate success within organisations (much better...
‘Lack of transparency and ambiguity within Microsoft licensing terms leaves even the most sophisticated clients scratching their heads’
Further to the initial findings from the CCL regarding Microsoft Licensing issues that are faced by users, upcoming US Microsoft Licensing Seminar sponsors Method 180 have shared their thoughts. You can see the full article ‘Microsoft True-down, Software Assurance, and Citrix are...
The ITAM Review invites you to take part in our short research survey around Microsoft Licensing and the patterns of behaviour organisations follow with Microsoft products. This is the first piece of Microsoft research we have conducted this year, so we would really appreciate...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)