In this podcast AJ Witt from The ITAM Review is joined by Michael Corey & Dean Bolton from LicenseFortress and Art Beeman and Joel Muchmore from Beeman & Muchmore. We discuss recent changes in Oracle’s approach to software license compliance audits, the reasons behind this,...
Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. This article has been contributed by Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. Following the SAM tools verification for Database and Options, Oracle has launched a similar campaign for its Fusion Middleware products. This article looks at the following questions: What...
Executive Summary The ITAM Review is pleased to announce that USU Software Asset Management is certified for management of Oracle Database licenses. ITAM Industry Analyst AJ Witt said: “USU Software Asset Management provides richly-featured tooling to assist customers in managing...
This article was written by AJ Witt of The ITAM Review in conjunction with Oracle & SAP third-party support provider Support Revolution Global IT spending is due to decrease, with a potential 7.3% decline before the end of 2020, with further declines expected in 2021. But while...
In this podcast AJ Witt is joined by Dean Bolton & Michael Corey from LicenseFortress & Art Beeman and Joel Muchmore from Beeman & Muchmore to discuss current topics in Oracle licensing in the context of the landmark Mars vs Oracle case. Joel & Art were lead litigators...
As public cloud (like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure) continues to grow and more projects are shifted to Infrastructure-as-a-Service, it is increasingly likely that you will find on-premises licenses being migrated – and so a guide to licensing Oracle in the cloud will come in...
In this podcast AJ Witt from the ITAM Review is joined by Michael Corey & Dean Bolton, co-founders of Oracle License Management specialists LicenseFortress. Topics discussed include; Oracle’s 2020 year end results The impact of COVID-19 on key Oracle customers Trends in Oracle...
Oracle are suing Perry Johnson & Associates (PJA), a healthcare consultancy, for incorrect licensing, with a total claim of over $3.2 million dollars. Oracle aggressively going after a company for licensing infringements isn’t anything new, this case is a little different than...
There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be, to say the least, difficult! Our ITAM industry news round ups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help keep you informed and up-to-date. Oracle get...
This article is a collaboration between AJ Witt of The ITAM Review and Dean Bolton, Co-founder & Chief Architect of LicenseFortress. In it, we explore the challenges around licensing highly complex environments and how to approach these to minimise risk, reduce cost, and maintain...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)