An independent verification for Oracle license management Back in April last year we published a comparison of five SAM tools with Oracle License Management capabilities (See: Oracle License Management Group Test – The Results). This previous group test above was based on a...
This is the second in our series on Oracle Best Practice. To view part 1, please click here. This part of our Oracle Best Practice series is all about Oracle audits, and what to do if you are unfortunate enough to be audited by Oracle or Oracle LMS. ORACLE AUDITS Do not ignore Oracle! If...
It has been suggested that Oracle derives 50% of Oracle database revenue in the UK from audit activity and the Campaign for Clear Licensing has reported that “92% of customers say that Oracle does not clearly communicate licensing changes”. “50% of UK Oracle DB revenue driven...
Oracle licensing is one of the most complex license metrics to manage within the IT Asset Management community. It poses the biggest challenge for ITAM, SAM (software asset management) and licensing professionals alike. There are only a few vendors that require specialist experts...
The ITAM Review and Campaign for Clear Licensing hosted an Oracle Seminar on Friday 21st November 2014. The aim of the seminar was to share and discuss some of the main issues around Oracle licensing and audit behaviour. Oracle Best Practice Guide Part 1 is the beginning of a three-part summary...
Ahead of our Oracle Seminar in New York later this month Martin Thompson talks with guests about the grey zone of Oracle negotiation, cloud options with Oracle and copyright principles and standing up against unreasonable claims View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes. Guests Ania...
At our Oracle Seminar in London on the 21st November we included a session for delegates to provide their feedback on recent CCL research. Readers in the USA can attend a similar event on the 29th January. The original research, ‘Key risks in managing Oracle Licensing’...
92% of Oracle customers agree that they do not communicate changes properly Oracle’s software licensing is complex and regularly changing. The number of products and acquisitions made by Oracle over the years has resulted in a number of changes in license metrics, and also new licenses...
Following the unfortunate timing of Juno, the storm that hit New York in January we are pleased to announce that we have rescheduled our Oracle Seminar to Friday, 15th May 2015. After the success of our Oracle Seminar that took place in London in November 2014, we are very...
In the run up to our Oracle Seminar on the 21st November, we discuss the current activity around Oracle Licensing and audits, trends in services around Oracle and the future of Oracle in the cloud. View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes. Podcast Guests Monica State and Madalina...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process