At a recent webinar we were asked: “How do I accurately report the value I add as a Software Asset Manager?” Specifically, the attendee was interested in strategies for accurately reflecting some of the intangible aspects of SAM, such as risk mitigation and avoidance. As a former...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
Gartner has updated their Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Managed Services. Managed service providers help customers with some of the heavy lifting involved in delivering ITAM within an organisation. The better providers help customer use the information gleaned to inform...
Executive Summary The ITAM Review is pleased to announce that USU Software Asset Management is certified for Enterprise SAM. ITAM Industry Analyst AJ Witt said: USU Software Asset Management is a mature product which met our detailed criteria for SAM tooling at enterprise scale. USU’s...
An audit clause within a software agreement is the mechanism used by software publishers to instigate a software audit. Software is not “owned” but instead customers buy the “right to use” software. This right to use has terms and conditions, typically laid out in the software...
This article presents a guide to Active Directory for IT Asset Managers – what it is, what it’s used for, and how you can use it to improve ITAM data quality and reduce audit risk. What is Active Directory? Active Directory (AD) is the “address book” for virtually...
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our community survey back in July. The results were compiled over the summer and shared during our online conferences for EMEA, North America and APAC. I’m now pleased to share the results in full. This is the first of three articles: In...
This article “IBM IASP: The good, the bad, and the ugly” was submitted by Eric Chiu, Managing Director, Fisher ITS Image by Daniel Nebreda from Pixabay The IBM Authorised SAM Provider (IASP) programme first came to my attention at the beginning of 2020, back before the...
This article was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review and Kevin Miller, Flexera. Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay Chaos in the IT environment Digital disruption is making it difficult to control IT spend for a number of reasons, including: IT no longer owns or may have limited...
Organisations around the world are in a state of flux managing rapid technology changes – a shift to remote working and a need to service customers digitally being brought to the fore. Alongside this, organisations are also grappling with a need to cut costs and manage technology...
This article was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review and Kieron Dean, ServiceNow. Image by xresch from Pixabay Cost management is always an important aspect within SAM, but it has come into even clearer focus during 2020. Reducing spend has, in some cases, become central to an organisation’s...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Risk Management within ITAM
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process