This article was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review and Kevin Miller, Flexera. Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay Chaos in the IT environment Digital disruption is making it difficult to control IT spend for a number of reasons, including: IT no longer owns or may have limited...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
Organisations around the world are in a state of flux managing rapid technology changes – a shift to remote working and a need to service customers digitally being brought to the fore. Alongside this, organisations are also grappling with a need to cut costs and manage technology...
This article was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review and Kieron Dean, ServiceNow. Image by xresch from Pixabay Cost management is always an important aspect within SAM, but it has come into even clearer focus during 2020. Reducing spend has, in some cases, become central to an organisation’s...
Image by Patricia Alexandre from Pixabay There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be difficult – to say the least! Our ITAM industry news roundups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help...
This article “IBM increase prices to promote cloud usage” was contributed by Piaras MacDonnell, founding partner of LicenseHawk. We reported back in June that IBM announced they’re “removing the entitled discounts for a select number of products traditionally deployed...
This article was written by AJ Witt, ITAM Review and Kim Weins, VP of Cloud Strategy, Flexera. As the pandemic and the resulting economic slowdown begin to ripple through a wide swathe of industries, companies are seeking to tighten IT spend for 2020 and beyond. Software asset...
Software Publisher Audits during COVID-19 Have software publisher audits stepped up as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak? Auditing customers is a tried and tested means of generating revenue for software publishers during a downturn – but has the threat of audits materialised?...
Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant (MQ) for SAM Tools was released in July. For this year’s edition, under new authorship by ITAM industry veteran Ryan Stefani, we’ve seen three vendors added, three removed, and three of the 8 participants placed in the leadership category. The full...
ServiceNow continue to expand their ITAM portfolio with the announcement of enhanced Hardware Asset Management capabilities, coming in their “Paris” release in September. Alongside this, SAM Pro customers will also see improvements to Oracle, SAP, & SaaS license management....
This article is a collaboration between AJ Witt of The ITAM Review and Dean Bolton, Co-founder & Chief Architect of LicenseFortress. In it, we explore the challenges around licensing highly complex environments and how to approach these to minimise risk, reduce cost, and maintain...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process