About this event
Come and spend a day learning about what’s new in the world of IBM licensing at our IBM Licensing Training Course.
IBM licensing complexity has always topped vendor charts. With many large businesses still heavily dependant on IBM datacentre software technology, it is essential that its licensing can be clearly understood, tracked and controlled.
This full-day course covers all aspects of IBM licensing with a focus on compliance and contract optimisation. The foundation part of the course provide a comprehensive introduction to the key IBM licensing concepts and mechanisms, while the Practitioner part of the course allows participants to gain hands-on experience in tackling some of the real world challenges in IBM license management.
Topics will include:
- IBM Agreements and Contracts
- Proof of Entitlement Records
- License Entitlement Metrics
- Processor Value Unit Licensing
- Sub-Capacity Licensing and ILMT
- User-based Licensing
- Resource Value Unit Licensing
- Baseline Effective License Positions for IBM software
- Managing IBM License Compliance Audits
- Enterprise Agreement (ESSO/NGSA) Negotiations
Full Price: $849 +VAT per delegate
Early Bird Rate : $649 + VAT per delegate (valid until 31st January 2020)
IBM Licensing & 2020 US Wisdom Ticket Bundle Price: $749.00
You can view our full events terms & conditions here.
More than 3 delegates? Contact us to discuss group booking discounts.
Who should attend
- Software Asset Manager’s
- Procurement professionals responsible of managing IBM agreements
- Technology professionals responsible of managing IBM License Metric Tool
- IBM solution architects who wants to optimise licensing cost in his/her design
|08.30 – 09.00||Registration|
|09.00 – 11.00||IBM Licensing Foundation Part I|
|11.00 – 11.15||Refreshment Break|
|11.15 – 12.30||IBM Licensing Foundation Part II|
|12.30 – 13.30||Lunch|
|13.30 – 15.00||Practitioner: Baselining IBM ELP|
|15.00 – 15.15||Refreshment Break|
|15.15 – 16.00||Practitioner: Managing IBM Audit|
|16:00 – 16:30||Practitioner: Managing ESSO/Sapphire negotations|
Eric Chiu, Managing Director, FisherITS
Eric Chiu leads HW Fisher’s IT Asset Consulting practice (FisherITS) and shares his expertise in software licensing with his clients through various consulting and services engagements.
As a veteran of software licence compliance, Eric has experience in the design and management of Software Licence Compliance Programmes for many of the top-10 software publishers and has led hundreds of enterprise-level licence audits on their behalf. In recent years his focus has been on advising enterprises over strategic and tactical matters in establishing and operating Software Asset Management (SAM) and has provided services to a wide-range of clients from SMEs to substantial enterprise clients.
Katerina Motlova, Manager, FisherITS
Katerina Motlova is a Manager at FisherITS. She manages a team that specialised in delivering IBM licensing related professional services such as IBM licence compliance internal audit, audit defence as well as ILMT implementation and health-checks. Since her start at FisherITS in 2017, she has led projects that have collectively saved IBM clients from audit penalties in excess of £150 million. Prior to joining FisherITS, Katerina was a team leader in the Software Asset Management services team as part of IBM Global Services based in Czech Republic.
Why you should attend
- Identify immediate areas of non-compliance and the “easy wins” in addressing them
- Learn real-world IBM cost optimisation from case studies
- De-mystify complex IBM ESSO/SSSO/Sapphire agreements
- Gain readiness and confidence against IBM audits
USF St. Petersburg
200 6th Ave South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Please organise your own accommodation if required.