About this event
Come and spend a day learning about what’s new in the world of Microsoft licensing at our Microsoft Licensing Training Course.
With changes made to Microsoft licensing each month, it can be difficult to stay up to date. We ensure our training courses are as up to date as possible, so you’ll always receive the latest information from us.
- A Software Asset Manager needing to better ensure compliance
- A Risk & Compliance officer looking to better understand possible dangers
- A Solution Architect wanting to improve your designs
or any one of the myriad other people whose daily role involves Microsoft licensing, this session will give you the information you need to optimise your next audit, review or meeting.
We will cover both Microsoft products and Microsoft programs, so whether you’re thinking about a product upgrade, moving to the Cloud or renewing/changing your licensing agreement (or perhaps all three!) – we’re sure attending this course will be beneficial.
Topics will include:
- Understanding Microsoft Azure Licensing & billing
- Understanding the different licensing agreements – Open, MPSA, EA, SCE & CSP
- Windows Server 2016 Core Licensing
- Office 365 Plans – What are they and what’s in them?
- Licensing Windows 10
- SQL Server 2017 (inc. Failover and Cloud licensing)
- Changes to the MPSA
- Licensing in the Cloud
- Microsoft 365
- Hybrid Licensing
- Virtual Desktops
- System Center 2016
- Software Assurance
- Premium Assurance
- Azure Stack
The session will be informative and interactive – so bring a pen, a pad (or a laptop if you prefer) and as many questions as you can think of!
Full Price: $849 per delegate
Early Bird Rate : $649 per delegate (valid until January 31st 2020)
Microsoft Licensing & Wisdom US Bundle ticket: $749 per delegate
You can view our full events terms & conditions here.
Who should attend
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
- Risk & Compliance officers
- Solution Architects
|08.30 – 09.00||Registration|
|09.00 – 11.00||Licensing the datacenter|
|11.00 – 11.15||Refreshment Break|
|11.15 – 12.30||Licensing the Desktop|
|12.30 – 13.30||Lunch|
|13.30 – 15.00||Licensing the Cloud – SAAS (Office 365)|
|15.00 – 15.15||Refreshment Break|
|15.15 – 16.30||Licensing the Cloud – IAAS (Azure)|
Rich Gibbons, Microsoft Licensing Analyst, The ITAM Review
Rich is entering his 15th year in the world of software licensing, and genuinely loves talking about it! He spent 12 years at a Microsoft channel partner, helping organisations select the best licensing agreements and make the most of their investments – and training internal sales teams. Since then he has been performing dedicated Microsoft licensing training and analysis.
He has delivered training across Europe, The USA, and Australia to customers, partners and manufacturers.
Why you should attend
- Identify immediate areas of non-compliance
- Ensure business plans/new projects will be compliant
- Better understand how Cloud fits into Microsoft’s strategy
- Find areas of consolidation to reduce cost
- Learn about the value of Software Assurance
- Discover how to save money with the Microsoft Cloud
- Keeping legacy servers supported for longer
USF St. Petersburg
200 6th Ave South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
The rate for parking is $5 per day. Guests will be able to park in floors 2-5 of the parking deck in the only parking garage on campus, which is just opposite the University Student Center. Attendees can purchase their own parking at an automated kiosk in the parking deck, right outside the only set of elevators in the deck.
Details of local hotels and special discounted rates will be confirmed soon.
Testimonials and reviews
Feedback from Rich’s previous delegates:
“Best training session I’ve been to”
“Very informative course, kept me interested throughout”
“I’m a return attendee – that’s all I need to say!”
“Enjoyed immensely – would like to come back”
“Good session, presenter very knowledgeable”
“This session was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the discussion around people’s real world experiences”
“Great topics, focused for my needs. Also great networking opportunity”