- Tool Reviews
- News Archive
About This Event
ITAM in the Cloud Era
Further to the success of our first US & UK annual conferences in 2016, The ITAM Review returns to South Florida on 27th & 28th September 2017.
This year we will continue to address the challenges that our readers face on a day-to-day basis, in particular how to manage an ITAM practice in the cloud era. Cloud still represents a small proportion of overall IT spend, but ITAM Review readers are telling us that software agreements invariably contain cloud components as cloud adoption is now a strategic focus for many software publishers.
Our expert speakers will be discussing topics including:
- ITAM in the Cloud era
- How to respond to and leverage the big vendors’ focus on Cloud
- Cloud and contract negotiation tactics and contractual risks
- Optimising your software investments
- Open source alternatives & opportunities
- Guidance & practical tips on software licensing
- How to combat sharp practices from software publishers
- Managing SaaS and subscriptions
We’re offering delegates two packed days of plenary and workshop sessions from the world’s leading ITAM speakers; ITAM Practitioners, ITAM Review Excellence Award Winners, ITAM Experts, Licensing Experts, Legal Counsel and Vendors.
The mixture of real life, ITAM theory and best practice, alongside opportunities to network with and learn from peers, will provide delegates with an un-missable 2-day event.
Early bird rate (valid until 31st July 2017): $250 per person
Full price rate: $350 per person
Who Should Attend
- Senior IT Decision Makers
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
The full 2017 Conference agenda will be confirmed shortly
Full 2017 conference speaker details will be confirmed soon.
Owner & Founder, The ITAM Review
Microsoft Licensing Analyst, The ITAM Review
Global IT Asset Management Program Director, Iron Mountain
Why You Should Attend
- Learn how to respond to and leverage the big vendors’ focus on Cloud
- Find out how to optimise your software investments
- Advice on cloud & contract negotiation tactics and contractual risks
- Guidance & practical tips on managing software license risk & opportunities
- Find out about open source alternatives & opportunities
- Identify the best ITAM tools and services for your organisation
- 2 packed days from the world’s leading ITAM speakers; ITAM Practitioners, ITAM Review Excellence Award Winners, ITAM Experts, Licensing Experts, Legal Counsel and Vendors
- Opportunities to network with and learn from peers
University of South Florida, University Student Center
200 6th Ave South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
‘The discount we can offer is an additional $10 off our already reduced Promo Rate (20% off Rack Rate), which would bring the rate down to $84 + 13% tax per night.
All of our rooms sleep a maximum of two guests, and the rate includes a continental breakfast buffet, a beer or glass of wine during our Evening Social, WiFi and Parking (first come, first served basis).
The discounted rate is only available if calling in by telephone. The number to call is 727 894 3248 ext. 1 (7 am to 10 pm). Please ask for the “USF Rate”‘.
The rate is $134 for a standard room with a king bed or two queen beds. Suites may be available at $25-45 more. The rate includes complimentary breakfast and wifi. Valet parking is available onsite at $16 per day.
There are two ways attendees can make reservations:
- Call the hotel directly at 727-892-9900 and ask for the University of South Florida rate.
- Book online at http://www.stpetehamptonsuites.com/ and use the USF corporate account number in the special rate codes section. The corporate account number is 0560025385.
Click here for alternative hotels nearby.
Things to do in the local area:
Testimonials & Reviews
Some 2016 conference delegate feedback:
- ‘Thank you and your colleagues for a very inspiring 2 days…’
- ‘Thanks Martin Thompson for arranging such an informative and wonderful conference. I would also like to thank all speakers and experts for sharing their knowledge. This is a great platform to learn, explore and get new ideas related to ITAM world’
- ‘I thought it was a very good conference and it was evident that the presenters had an in depth knowledge of their specialist subjects’
- ‘Great conference, thank you, really enjoyed it and got out of it personally and professionally’
- ‘Excellent event. ITAM can be very isolating so nice to feel I’m not alone’
- ‘Very good, glad I came!!’
- ‘Thanks for a good event with a lot of concrete information’
- ‘Really useful, great sessions’
- ‘Day two was fantastic – very useful & great speakers with invaluable experience’
- ‘Nice to go to an event which was interactive with the attendees, rather than just presentations’
- ‘Excellent panel sessions’