Join us online to learn about what’s new in the world of Microsoft licensing at our live Microsoft Licensing Online Training Course.
About this event
We’ve moved our popular in-person Microsoft licensing course online so we can still offer the same great content and interactivity for people around the world.
With such a wide portfolio of products and changes being made every month, it can be difficult to stay up to date with Microsoft. We work hard to ensure our training courses are as up to date as possible, so you’ll always receive the latest information from us.
Whether you’re a:
- Software Asset Manager needing to better ensure compliance
- Procurement specialist wanting to strengthen your position when dealing with resellers and/or Microsoft
- Licensing/SAM partner or consultant
- Solution Architect wanting to keep your designs efficient and compliant
or any one of the myriad other people whose roles involve Microsoft licensing, this course will give you the information you need to skill up and be more confident dealing with Microsoft products. Whether you’re new to Microsoft or have years of experience, this course will help you – either to get started or to get updates on recent changes across Microsoft’s licensing and product portfolio.
What does it cover?
The sessions cover both Microsoft products and Microsoft programs, so whether you’re thinking about a product upgrade, moving to the Cloud, or renewing/changing your licensing agreement (or perhaps all three!) – we’re sure attending this course will be beneficial.
You’ll learn about on-premises software – including virtual environments – and online services. We cover products including Windows Server, SQL Server, and Microsoft 365 as well as newer elements of Microsoft’s product portfolio such as Power BI, Power Apps, Azure AQL Edge and more. Across all products and licensing programmes we will discuss ways to reduce licensing costs and prevent non-compliance from occurring.
Negotiating with Microsoft
As well as the licensing rules and agreement structures, we also cover strategies and tactics when negotiating with Microsoft. Using a combination of historical and current knowledge of Microsoft’s priorities, roadmap, and where they focus – we offer tips and suggestions for ways to maximise your investment and relationship with Microsoft and reseller partners. Our ongoing analysis of Microsoft, the channel, and the software industry means we’re well placed to provide current advice in these areas.
- Understanding the licensing agreements – Open, MPSA, EA, SCE, CSP, MCA
- Windows Server 2019 Core Licensing
- SQL Server 2019 (inc. Failover and Cloud licensing)
- Office 365 Plans – What are they and what’s in them?
- Licensing Windows 10
- Microsoft 365
- Windows 10
- Hybrid Licensing
- Software Assurance changes
- Understanding Microsoft Azure Licensing & billing
- Azure Reserved Instances
- Cloud cost management
- Windows Server & SQL Server extended support
- Power Platform licensing
- Future licensing updates
The session will be informative and interactive – so please bring as many questions as you can think of!
Dates & Timings:
|Tuesday October 12, 2021||08:00 – 11:00||10:00 – 13:00||11:00 – 14:00|
|Wednesday October 13, 2021||08:00 – 11:00||10:00 – 13:00||11:00 – 14:00|
|Tuesday October 19, 2021||08:00 – 11:00||10:00 – 13:00||11:00 – 14:00|
|Wednesday October 20, 2021||08:00 – 11:00||10:00 – 13:00||11:00 – 14:00|
$800.00 per delegate
Who should attend
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
- Risk & Compliance officers
- Solution Architects
- Licensing the datacenter
- Licensing the Desktop
- Licensing the Cloud – SAAS (Office 365)
- Licensing the Cloud – IAAS (Azure)
Rich Gibbons, Microsoft Licensing Analyst, The ITAM Review
Rich is entering his 15th year in the world of software licensing, and genuinely loves talking about it! He spent 12 years at a Microsoft channel partner, helping organisations select the best licensing agreements and make the most of their investments – and training internal sales teams. Since then he has been performing dedicated Microsoft licensing training and analysis.
He has delivered training across Europe, The USA, and Australia to customers, partners and manufacturers.
Why you should attend
- Identify immediate areas of non-compliance
- Ensure business plans/new projects will be compliant
- Better understand how Cloud fits into Microsoft’s strategy
- Find areas of consolidation to reduce cost
- Learn about the value of Software Assurance
- Discover how to save money with the Microsoft Cloud
- Keeping legacy servers supported for longer
Testimonials and reviews
Feedback from Rich’s previous delegates:
“Best training session I’ve been to”
“Very informative course, kept me interested throughout”
“I’m a return attendee – that’s all I need to say!”
“Enjoyed immensely – would like to come back”
“Good session, presenter very knowledgeable”
“This session was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the discussion around people’s real world experiences”
“Great topics, focused for my needs. Also great networking opportunity”