Come and spend a day learning about what’s new in the world of Microsoft licensing at our new Microsoft Licensing Training Course. With changes made to Microsoft licensing each month,...
About this event
Come and spend a day learning about what’s new in the world of Microsoft licensing at our new Microsoft Licensing Training Course.
With changes made to Microsoft licensing each month, it can be difficult to stay up to date. We ensure our training courses are as up to date as possible, so you’ll always receive the latest information from us.
- A Software Asset Manager needing to better ensure compliance
- A Risk & Compliance officer looking to better understand possible dangers
- A Solution Architect wanting to improve your designs
or any one of the myriad other people whose daily role involves Microsoft licensing, this session will give you the information you need to optimise your next audit, review or meeting.
We will cover both Microsoft products and Microsoft programs, so whether you’re thinking about a product upgrade, moving to the Cloud or renewing/changing your licensing agreement (or perhaps all three!) – we’re sure attending this course will be beneficial.
Topics will include:
- Understanding Microsoft Azure Licensing & billing
- Understanding the different licensing agreements – Open, MPSA, EA, SCE & CSP
- Windows Server 2016 Core Licensing
- Office 365 Plans – What are they and what’s in them?
- Licensing Windows 10
- SQL Server 2017 (inc. Failover and Cloud licensing)
- Changes to the MPSA
- Licensing in the Cloud
- Microsoft 365
- Hybrid Licensing
- Virtual Desktops
- System Center 2016
- Software Assurance
- Premium Assurance
- Azure Stack
The session will be informative and interactive – so bring a pen, a pad (or a laptop if you prefer) and as many questions as you can think of!
Full Price: £499 + VAT per delegate
Early Bird Rate : £375 + VAT per delegate (valid until 5th March 2019)
You can view our full events terms & conditions here.
Who should attend
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
- Risk & Compliance officers
- Solution Architects
|08.30 – 09.00||Registration|
|09.00 – 11.00||Licensing the datacenter|
|11.00 – 11.15||Refreshment Break|
|11.15 – 12.30||Licensing the Desktop|
|12.30 – 13.30||Lunch|
|13.30 – 15.00||Licensing the Cloud – SAAS (Office 365)|
|15.00 – 15.15||Refreshment Break|
|15.15 – 16.30||Licensing the Cloud – IAAS (Azure)|
Rich Gibbons, Microsoft Licensing Analyst, The ITAM Review
Rich is entering his 16th year in the world of software licensing, and genuinely loves talking about it!
He spent 12 years at a Microsoft channel partner, helping organisations select the best licensing agreements and make the most of their investments – and training internal sales teams. Since then he has been performing dedicated Microsoft licensing training and analysis.
He has delivered training across Europe, The USA, and Australia to customers, partners and manufacturers.
Why you should attend
- Identify immediate areas of non-compliance
- Ensure business plans/new projects will be compliant
- Better understand how Cloud fits into Microsoft’s strategy
- Find areas of consolidation to reduce cost
- Learn about the value of Software Assurance
- Discover how to save money with the Microsoft Cloud
- Keeping legacy servers supported for longer
#todo Big ol map
18 King William Street,
Please organise your own accommodation, if required.
Testimonials and reviews
Feedback from Rich’s previous delegates:
“I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your talk”
“You did a cracking job of taking a dry subject and making it interesting”
“Best training session I’ve attended”
“Knowledge very good & explained very well”
“Great session thank you”
“Good, interactive session”
“Relevant, lots of dialogue, Q & A throughout”
“Rich is a highly engaging and enthusiastic Mentor and Trainer. Microsoft licensing is inherently complex and extremely difficult to “make fun”; Rich however, has delivered countless workshops for all levels of aptitude; of which I have had the pleasure to attend 3. He is a pleasure to work with, as well as to learn from. I thoroughly recommend Rich for any business or individual wanting to improve upon their Microsoft knowledge”