About this event
We’re back with our first in-person training course of 2021 on Monday 27th September 2021 at the Kia Oval!
Come and spend a day learning about what’s new in the world of Microsoft licensing at our Microsoft Licensing Training Course.
With such a wide portfolio of products and changes being made every month, it can be difficult to stay up to date with Microsoft. We work hard to ensure our training courses are as up to date as possible, so you’ll always receive the latest information from us.
Whether you’re a:
- Software Asset Manager needing to better ensure compliance
- Procurement specialist wanting to strengthen your position when dealing with resellers and/or Microsoft
- Licensing/SAM partner or consultant
- Solution Architect wanting to keep your designs efficient and compliant
or any one of the myriad other people whose roles involve Microsoft licensing, this course will give you the information you need to skill up and be more confident dealing with Microsoft products. Whether you’re new to Microsoft or have years of experience, this course will help you – either to get started or to get updates on recent changes across Microsoft’s licensing and product portfolio.
What does it cover?
The sessions cover both Microsoft products and Microsoft programs, so whether you’re thinking about a product upgrade, moving to the Cloud, or renewing/changing your licensing agreement (or perhaps all three!) – we’re sure attending this course will be beneficial.
You’ll learn about on-premises software – including virtual environments – and online services. We cover products including Windows Server, SQL Server, and Microsoft 365 as well as newer elements of Microsoft’s product portfolio such as Power BI, Power Apps, Azure AQL Edge and more. Across all products and licensing programmes we will discuss ways to reduce licensing costs and prevent non-compliance from occurring.
Negotiating with Microsoft
As well as the licensing rules and agreement structures, we also cover strategies and tactics when negotiating with Microsoft. Using a combination of historical and current knowledge of Microsoft’s priorities, roadmap, and where they focus – we offer tips and suggestions for ways to maximise your investment and relationship with Microsoft and reseller partners. Our ongoing analysis of Microsoft, the channel, and the software industry means we’re well placed to provide current advice in these areas.
- Understanding the licensing agreements – Open, MPSA, EA, SCE, CSP, MCA
- Windows Server 2019 Core Licensing
- SQL Server 2019 (inc. Failover and Cloud licensing)
- Office 365 & Microsoft 365 Plans – What are they and what are the differences?
- Licensing Windows 10
- Microsoft 365 Security portfolio
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Hybrid Cloud Licensing
- Software Assurance changes
- Understanding Microsoft Azure Licensing & billing
- Azure Reserved Instances
- Cloud cost management
- Windows Server & SQL Server extended support
- Licensing the Power Platform (Apps/Automate/Agents/BI)
- New products & licensing updates
- Full Price: £599 per delegate
- Early Bird Rate: £420 per delegate (valid until 27/05/21 )
- Microsoft Licensing Training & Wisdom EMEA 2021 Bundle Pass: £699 per delegate
Who should attend
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
- Risk & Compliance officers
- Solution Architects
|08:30 – 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 – 11:00||Licensing the datacenter|
|11:00 – 11:15||Refreshment Break|
|11:15 – 12:30||Licensing the Desktop|
|12:30 – 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 – 15:00||Licensing the Cloud – SAAS (Office 365)|
|15:00 – 15:15||Refreshment Break|
|15:15 – 16:30||Licensing the Cloud – IAAS (Azure)|
Rich Gibbons, Microsoft Licensing Analyst, The ITAM Review
Rich is entering his 15th year in the world of software licensing, and genuinely loves talking about it! He spent 12 years at a Microsoft channel partner, helping organisations select the best licensing agreements and make the most of their investments – and training internal sales teams. Since then he has been performing dedicated Microsoft licensing training and analysis.
He has delivered training across Europe, The USA, and Australia to customers, partners and manufacturers.
Why you should attend
- Identify immediate areas of non-compliance
- Ensure business plans/new projects will be compliant
- Better understand how Cloud fits into Microsoft’s strategy
- Find areas of consolidation to reduce cost
- Learn about the value of Software Assurance
- Discover how to save money with the Microsoft Cloud
- Keeping legacy servers supported for longer
Surrey County Cricket Club,
London SE11 5SS
A location map can be accessed via the following link: The Kia Oval.
Take the Northern Line to the Oval tube station. The event entrance to the venue is 500 metres on your left on leaving the station. The ground is also a seven minute walk from Vauxhall tube station which is on the Victoria line. For more information on the underground visit www.tfl.gov.uk.
Take South Western Railway trains to Vauxhall station, which is a seven-minute walk from the venue. The station is well served by trains throughout Surrey and Hampshire as well as from the Greater London area.
Route numbers 36, 185 and 436 stop outside the ground and other local services stop around the corner. The following buses set down within a 5-minute walk of the ground: 3, 59, 109, 133, 159, 333. For more information on the buses visit www.tfl.gov.uk.
The ground is situated on the A202, near the junction with the A3 and A24, just south of Vauxhall Bridge and 10 minutes from Victoria and Waterloo.
Car Parking is not available onsite and we advise that delegates travel by public transport where possible. If you would prefer to travel by car, public car parks can be found close to the venue and these are charged by the hour. You can find local car parks here.
There is limited bike parking for delegates outside the Hobbs Gate in the form of bike racks. This is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Testimonials and reviews
Feedback from Rich’s previous delegates:
“Best training session I’ve been to”
“Very informative course, kept me interested throughout”
“I’m a return attendee – that’s all I need to say!”
“Enjoyed immensely – would like to come back”
“Good session, presenter very knowledgeable”
“This session was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the discussion around people’s real world experiences”
“Great topics, focused for my needs. Also great networking opportunity”