About this event
This Webinar was presented live by Martin Thompson and Tomas O’Leary from Origina on Thursday 19th October 2017. This was the ninth webinar in the series of ITAM in the Cloud Era.
Break the stranglehold of vendor upgrade cycles and licensing tactics
In this webinar, we will look at how to break the strangle-hold of big vendors and the best solutions for avoiding their traps:
- Over licensing
- Upgrade cycles
- Maintenance and profit
- Cloud washing (audit settlement, shareholder value cloud crash, cloud obsession)
- Predatory licensing and audit tactics (MS, oracle, SAP, IBM, microfocus)
To view the recorded session on demand:
Who should attend
- Senior IT Decision Makers
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
- Who are the big vendors?
- Root causes – growth cycles
- Negative impacts (anti-competitive, numb, over charged, expensive, time consuming)
- Dirty tricks to look out for
- The solution/battle plan
- Proactive vendor management
Martin Thompson, Owner & Founder, The ITAM Review
Martin is owner and founder of The ITAM Review, an online resource and community for worldwide ITAM professionals.
Martin is an independent ITAM consultant for organizations seeking independent guidance on ITAM strategy or ITAM tool selection. Martin also reviews tools, technology and services in the ITAM market.
On a voluntary basis Martin is the Chief Agitator at the Campaign for Clear Licensing, a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the SAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770 and board member of Free ICT Europe which supports the ICT secondary market.
Tomas O’Leary, CEO, Origina
Why you should attend
- Cost – The Webinar is FREE.
- Convenience -You can participate in the webinar from a location of your choosing. No travelling/ travel costs involved.
- Interaction – You have the opportunity to communicate and ask questions with the presenter and peers.
Testimonials and reviews
‘This was a great webinar — very informative. I am looking forward to the other 11 modules!’
‘Very well pitched, i.e. middle of the road to be understandable for beginners as well as for people with experience in the field. Looking forward to the next module’
‘I thought this module was well organized and well presented, bringing together some key points about how to get the ITAM ball rolling and to keep it rolling. I look forward to next month’s module’.
‘Really good & interactive’
‘Great presentation! Thanks so much for putting these together. I look forward to next month!!’
‘Thanks this is well-aimed and helped me to think about next steps I should be taking’.
‘The session was very informative with excellent examples’