- Tool Reviews
- News Archive
Webinar: Everything you need to know to save money on your next maintenance renewal
About This Event
On 30th March 2017, The ITAM Review is bringing you the second webinar in a series of free online training focusing on ‘ITAM in the Cloud Era’. Throughout the course of the year, the webinars will delve into topics such as Cloud, Hardware Asset Management, Licensing and Strategic ITAM and SAM.
This webinar will be presented live by Martin Thompson (featuring Tomás O’Leary of Origina) on Thursday 30th March at 4pm GMT.
If you missed the live session or enrolled late… No problem, the session is recorded for on-demand playback.
- Terms and key principles in support and maintenance renewals
- Opportunities for cost savings and renegotiation
- Projecting managing the renewal process
To watch the live session or on playback
Who Should Attend
- Senior IT Decision Makers
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
Why You Should Attend
- Cost – The Webinar is FREE.
- Convenience -You can participate in the webinar from a location of your choosing. No travelling/ travel costs involved.
- Interaction – You have the opportunity to communicate and ask questions with the presenter and peers.
- Support and maintenance concepts defined
- Maintenance types, costs and legal implications
- Vendor management and internal support during a renewal
- Identifying consumption and business requirements
- Licensing and support renewals
- Assessing support performance
- Project managing a renewal and prioritization
- Consolidation opportunities
Martin Thompson, Owner & Founder – The ITAM Review
Martin is owner and founder of The ITAM Review, an online resource and community for worldwide ITAM professionals.
Martin is an independent ITAM consultant for organizations seeking independent guidance on ITAM strategy or ITAM tool selection. Martin also reviews tools, technology and services in the ITAM market.
On a voluntary basis Martin is the Chief Agitator at the Campaign for Clear Licensing, a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the SAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770 and board member of Free ICT Europe which supports the ICT secondary market.
Tomás O’Leary, Founder and CEO – Origina
Tomás, Founder and CEO of Origina, is a thought leading, vocal and influential player in the secondary ICT market. Having spent over 15 years either working in IBM or in leading one of its more successful European business partners, Tomás recognised the impact the major changes in the ICT market were having on the traditional enterprise ICT users and decided to give them something different – a choice!
Testimonials & Reviews
‘This was a great webinar — very informative. I am looking forward to the other 11 modules!’
‘Very well pitched, i.e. middle of the road to be understandable for beginners as well as for people with experience in the field. Looking forward to the next module’
‘I thought this module was well organized and well presented, bringing together some key points about how to get the ITAM ball rolling and to keep it rolling. I look forward to next month’s module’.
‘Really good & interactive’
‘Great presentation! Thanks so much for putting these together. I look forward to next month!!’
‘Thanks this is well-aimed and helped me to think about next steps I should be taking’.
‘The session was very informative with excellent examples’