The Secondary Software Market, created by an EU-ruling in 2012, is not just about sourcing second-hand copies of old licenses, or getting some money back for your now redundant Office licenses. In preparing a guide to this market I interviewed David Chamberlain, General Manager of...
Second hand software licensing market finally gaining traction, large European corporates saving millions
A market surplus of perpetual Microsoft Office licenses provides significant savings for organizations looking to address compliance shortfalls or growth capacity for legacy versions of Office. European SAM teams have been able to buy and sell software licensing on the secondary market...
This is a guest post from Robin Fry of Cerno. The European Court has restated the legality of the resale of software in Europe in its latest judgment but confirmed that the principle does not extend to software transferred on back-up discs. The October 2016 ruling is the first...
The EU court has decided that distribution rights end when and at the specific time that the original copyright holder (in this case Oracle) markets and then completes a sale of the software on what is denoted as one “material medium” or another including a CD-ROM, a DVD or through...
"Some statements from software vendors in this space may seek to cloud your judgement and paint a shady tone of grey" This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part Three...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022