Image by Gino Crescoli from Pixabay April saw the release of Gartner’s 2nd Magic Quadrant for SAM tools. Magic Quadrants aim to highlight solutions to a particular requirement by ranking them on two dimensions – completeness of vision and ability to deliver. As ITAM grows in maturity...
ISO/IEC 19770-3 Entitlement tags – when software entitlement can be read and processed by machines (Lower cost, less admin, more clarity) In this podcast I speak with Jason Keogh of 1E, Editor of the ISO/IEC 19770-3 Standard to give us an update on -3. The new standard was published...
1E reports average $247 software waste per user 1E have published some interesting research into the volume of unused software in large organizations. Their analysis is based on reviewing the actual usage data of 149 companies and their 4.6 millions machines. The report is available...
It seems with each passing day; we see another story of a cyber security breach. After doing some research, I found that each day, we, in fact, have nearly two. In research published by the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), since 2005, there have been a total of 5029 breaches,...
On the 29th September, Enterprise Opinions held a Go-Karting charity event in aid of our chosen charity of the year – Sebastians Action Trust. The event was a Le Mans endurance race held at Formula Fast in Milton Keynes with an impressive 500m indoor track. Why Sebastian’s...
As SAM pros we all hear about the value of identifying unused software. A recent study from 1E has examined the applications most likely to be unused in an organisation. The study is available here (no registration required). If you are looking for cost savings: This article can...
This review of AppClarity from 1E is part of our Adobe License Management feature. 1E Commercial Summary Product Name AppClarity Product Version Reviewed 4.0 Version Release Date February 2013 Year Company Founded & Turnover 1997, £30M Customers ~ 50 Pricing Not...
It was great to attend the IAITAM Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida last month, and thanks to our friends there for inviting us to be part of such a superb event. There was an engaging and friendly atmosphere especially at the Beach Bash Opening (not surprising with a beautiful...
VMware is an unlikely target in your software compliance efforts. The virtualization giant has inbuilt mechanisms for license deployment, so your license status is likely to be either correctly licensed or over-licensed. For Software Asset Managers the opportunity with VMware is negotiating...
Arup is best know for its design work for the built environment such as 30 St. Mary Axe a.k.a 'The Gherkin' in London (for which Arup were structural engineers). Software efficiency vendor 1E has sold its license optimisation tool to structural engineering firm Arup. The tool...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process