Reaching the end of an agreement Subscription licensing is a hot topic within the SAM (software asset management) world at the moment, with a number of organisations dipping their toes into the unknown waters of non-perpetual licensing. But what should you expect to happen once your...
Upgrading to Adobe CC There are a number of changes within Adobe’s licensing metric for Adobe Creative Cloud, and they have re-organised the software bundles. We have posted a number of documents and licensing guides for Adobe Creative Cloud, including Adobe Licensing Quick Guide...
Adobe has recently (not) announced that Adobe Acrobat XI is no longer available on the CLP price list. Instead, they have released a new version that is called ‘Acrobat DC’. Adobe Channel Sources have advised us; “it is possible to downgrade as long as you have access to a historical...
As SAM pros we all hear about the value of identifying unused software. A recent study from 1E has examined the applications most likely to be unused in an organisation. The study is available here (no registration required). If you are looking for cost savings: This article can...
Forever 21 store in Singapore On January 29th, The Verge reported that Adobe is suing the fashion chain Forever 21 for a number of copyright infringements and un-licensed software. The Verge states that: “Forever 21 pirated 63 different instances of Adobe software including copies...
Looking into the future of Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing Adobe Creative Cloud – A Look into the Crystal Ball is a guest post from John Tomeny, VP of Sassafras Software Adobe has announced an important change for Creative Cloud licensing in Australia. Historically such...
To watch our November News Roundup video, please see below. News November has been a busy month within the ITAM world! Here we round up the most interesting news stories. Planning and Design pays out $118k to BSA Firstly, TechWorld reports that another organisation has been fined...
This Quick Guide is available in PDF format – simply subscribe to our free newsletter to receive a free copy instantly. Adobe has made a number of changes to its licensing structures over the past year. The aim of this quick guide is to provide insight into Adobe’s new licensing...
Office for iPad has already moved to the freemium/premium model, with users paying only for consumption What does the future hold for software? How will it be delivered, how will it be priced, and will we ever be able to move to a usage-based pricing model? In my opinion, all enterprise...
Adobe has taken a small step back in successfully annoying all of its customers by offering the chance to install older versions of the software via the new ‘Creative Cloud Desktop’ application. Adobe has released the information as part of its new release notes dated 27/05/2014,...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide