This article has been contributed by Jelle Wijndelts, SAM consultant at Snow Software. Many vendors and consultants have actively supported the adoption of standards amongst the SAM community and been members of the WG21 working group responsible for the creation of ISO 19770-1 since...
This review of Flexnet Manager for Adobe is part of our Adobe License Management feature. Flexera Commercial Summary Product Name FlexNet Manager for Adobe Product Version Reviewed 9.2 Version Release Date December 2012 Year Company Founded & Turnover 1987 (Installshield),...
Do your software audits fill you with dread? As we are all aware, software audits are something that most organisations dread. Organisations can stay one step ahead of the BSA and FAST by conducting their own internal software audits. Why should we audit ourselves? There are a...
Adobe Acrobat 9 and Creative Suite 4 were the first products to take advantage of ISO/IEC 19770-2 tags. The new Creative Cloud subscription offering from Adobe also includes swid tags. Adobe define tags as : “Software tagging is the process of maintaining a set of tag files...
This article has been contributed by Vincent Brasseur of Flexera Software. On May 6th 2013 Adobe has announced that it will move away from perpetual licenses for Creative Suite products. Following this announcement, since June 17th 2013, all new Creative Suite products are now only...
“Heterogeneity on this scale creates both technical and licensing challenges for enterprises to overcome.” Analysts have predicted that in the next two years, over half of a company’s IT applications will be located in the ‘cloud’. This has significant implications...
This article has been contributed by Mark Flynn, UK Managing Director at Snow Software. Vanity purchases for enterprise users Will middle management come clean if they understand how expensive ill-considered purchases can be? Enthusiasm is one of the greatest human traits and we should...
Cloud or bust? At this week’s MAX conference – Adobe revealed more information about their plans to move their products, and their customers, to the cloud. They started their journey last year with their Creative Cloud for Individuals and took the next step in early 2013, with...
This is a contributed comment to the ITAM Review written by Filipa Preston, CEO of Software Optimisation Services. The ongoing parliamentary committee investigation into the alleged over-pricing of software in Australia has raised an interesting debate – are Australians being...
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the recent Adobe Licensing and Audit Behaviour Survey (now closed). I asked ITAM Review readers to rate the nature of their relationship with Adobe. Q. How would you describe the nature of your vendor relationship with Adobe? Legacy...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide