As we all know, there are huge savings to be made on software within an organisation through software asset management (SAM). But what about the hardware aspect? Are there cost savings to be made on desktops, laptops, physical servers etc? With effective Hardware Asset Management...
Tag: asset management
This is an independent review of Miradore. AT A GLANCE Founded in 2006 with headquarters in Finland, Miradore is a provider of IT Asset Management (ITAM) solutions enabling organisations to manage their IT assets throughout their lifecycle. This review takes a look at the core capabilities,...
Martin Thompson and I were recently commissioned to write an overview of options for Hardware Asset Tagging for a client. The client has kindly let us share our report for the benefit of the ITAM Review community. Thanks to Michael Smith, Practice Area and Delivery Manager, Inventory...
Will any software vendor be able to deliver best of breed ITAM and ITSM in one solution? [Meeting of North and Baltic Sea]Cloud based ITSM vendor Cherwell Software has acquired ITAM vendor Express Metrix. We’ve seen continued convergence between ITAM and ITSM over the last few years...
User-based subscription licensing increases the difficulty for piracy Over the last few years software licensing has shifted from predominately perpetual device-based licensing to user-based subscription licensing. Subscription licensing has also introduced us to the world of ‘token’-...
CMDB is a golden source Sometimes within Software Asset Management we become so focused on producing an audit and reconciliation report, that we miss the bigger picture in taking state data and converting it into a tangible business decision. One such area often overlooked is that...
Victor DeMarines Ahead of the Compliance Manager Summit 10-11 March in Santa Clara, we interviewed speaker and VP Products and Strategy at V.i.Labs, Victor DeMarines about software adoption, license programs, compliance trends and more. Q. In a nutshell, what is software adoption...
January marked the seventh anniversary of the launch of the iPhone. Looking back at the launch, it’s remarkable how many product features Steve Jobs announced that are now taken for granted; touch screen, multi-touch, large music library on your phone etc. One of the most transformative...
I will be reviewing Asset Repositories soon; the criteria below will shape our assessment of market leading Asset Repository vendors. What is Asset Management? Asset Management is a system for monitoring and managing things of value. Through the practice of Asset Management we can...
Introduction Peer Reviews – ITAM Review readers sharing their opinions on ITAM tools, technology and services. This review of ATEA Cloud SAM has been written by three ITAM Review readers. Our thanks to Stephen B, K Fowler and Rory Canavan for taking the time to share their views. Our...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Risk Management within ITAM
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process