This is an independent review of HP Asset Manager for managing Oracle Licensing. This review is part of our Oracle License Management Group Test. HP Asset Manager for Oracle License Management Product: HP Software Asset Management solution (SAM) consisting of HP Asset Manager (AM)...
Tag: asset manager
The views of the writer in no way reflect those of the organisations he’s working or worked in. Pick any definition you like of Software Asset Management. I’ll go with the ITIL version: “Software Asset Management (SAM) is all of the infrastructure and processes necessary...
This is part two of a two-part series on environment recognition. See part one here: ‘Modern SAM requires ‘Environment Recognition’ as much as ‘Software Recognition’. In my last article I explored the concept of ‘environment recognition’. I suggested that modern Software...
This independent review of HP Asset Manager from HP is part of our 2012 SAM Tools Review. See all participants and terms of the review here. Executive Summary Elevator Pitch Strong Enterprise SAM Contender with dated interface Strengths Flexible and intelligent ‘software...
Use your ITAM knowledge to become a trusted decision influencer. As IT organizations diversify, Asset Managers must broaden their focus. It’s a great opportunity to build influence, but those who ignore the change risk their role becoming less relevant. For many years, though,...
The GPS in the satnav of your car is able to tell you your location by listening to signals of satellites orbiting the earth. Your GPS won’t work with one satellite source; it typically needs four different satellite signals in order to provide a confident judgment of your location. Each...
Editor’s Note: News that an ITAM Review reader was fired due to a license shortfall attracted considerable interest and debate on the LinkedIn group. In this article the IT Asset Manager shares her story in her own words. If this situation arose in Europe my uneducated guess...
"...ensures organisations are compliant when decommissioning laptops, before the device leaves the company’s control." The ITAM Review seeks to analyse and evaluate ‘real world use case scenario’ products and the firms that work to bring them to market at all...
Dr. Barbara (Barb) Rembiesa Dr. Barbara (Barb) Rembiesa is the founder and CEO of the International Association of IT Asset Managers, Inc, (IAITAM), a global organisation focused on bringing education and best practice standards to IT asset management. As a staunch ITAM advocate,...
A UN 2003 analysis stated that at least 240 kilograms of fossil fuels, 22 kilograms of chemicals and 1,500 kilograms of water are required to produce one desktop computer and monitor. Computer Aid International has called upon IT Asset Managers across all industry verticals with a...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process