Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 4: What is a software audit? four types explained. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore four types of software audit. https://youtu.be/0ouOSTiMEhM Please...
In December 2019, Fairview Health Services, a non-profit organisation, informed Quest that they wouldn’t be renewing support for their “Active Roles” licenses; this move seemingly prompted Quest to launch an audit. The reconciliation summary from Quest found the customer to...
Software Publisher Audits during COVID-19 Have software publisher audits stepped up as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak? Auditing customers is a tried and tested means of generating revenue for software publishers during a downturn – but has the threat of audits materialised?...
Another software audit case has gone to court – February 2019 saw the start of a case between Micro Focus v Express Scripts Inc. The document I have access to is a report of the initial summary judgment findings which gives a great insight into the content of the issue but, as this...
LogMeIn may be familiar to you as a provider of remote support access software across the internet. What may be less well-known is that they also own GoToMeeting (web-conferencing) (formerly a Citrix offering) and LastPass (password and credential management). LogMeIn announced on...
This article is the third of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review written in collaboration with ServiceNow’s Ryan Wood-Taylor & Peter Beruk. The series outlines how a strategic ITAM practice will deliver enhanced business value through creation of strategic stakeholder...
Oracle Corporation have long been famous for their database software, and their often tricky, sometimes flummoxing, usually expensive, licensing rules – and the audits that go with them. IT Asset Managers worldwide have struggled, often through no fault of their own, to understand...
We saw a few weeks ago that Quest Software have taken Nike to court over their refusal to settle up for license non-compliance discovered during an audit (article here). Nike have submitted a counter claim and it is full of very interesting details, many of which can apply to the...
Quest Software are suing Nike, according to court documents filed on April 24, 2018. This is another case of an audit shortfall dispute making its way to the courtroom. Who are Quest Software? Quest Software are perhaps best known for their Toad database management tools. Founded...
Microsoft are suing Community Health Systems (CHS), a Fortune 500 company based in Franklin, Tennessee, USA, for alleged copyright infringement and breach of contract. What’s the issue? The court docket from the Central Court of Tennessee Middle District Court says: “on or about...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide