Citrix, the ubiquitous virtualization company, is to be acquired for $16.5 billion by “Vista Equity Partners” and “Evergreen Coast Capital” – the latter being an affiliate of “Elliott Investment Management”. The fact Citrix have been acquired isn’t a surprise… I’ve...
The ITAM Review is delighted to announce the availability of our free Audit Defence Maturity Assessment, presented in conjunction with Scott & Scott LLP. Being audit-ready is vitally important for ITAM teams in order to protect their organisations from time-consuming and expensive...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 4: What is a software audit? four types explained. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore four types of software audit. https://youtu.be/0ouOSTiMEhM Please...
In December 2019, Fairview Health Services, a non-profit organisation, informed Quest that they wouldn’t be renewing support for their “Active Roles” licenses; this move seemingly prompted Quest to launch an audit. The reconciliation summary from Quest found the customer to...
Software Publisher Audits during COVID-19 Have software publisher audits stepped up as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak? Auditing customers is a tried and tested means of generating revenue for software publishers during a downturn – but has the threat of audits materialised?...
Another software audit case has gone to court – February 2019 saw the start of a case between Micro Focus v Express Scripts Inc. The document I have access to is a report of the initial summary judgment findings which gives a great insight into the content of the issue but, as this...
LogMeIn may be familiar to you as a provider of remote support access software across the internet. What may be less well-known is that they also own GoToMeeting (web-conferencing) (formerly a Citrix offering) and LastPass (password and credential management). LogMeIn announced on...
This article is the third of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review written in collaboration with ServiceNow’s Ryan Wood-Taylor & Peter Beruk. The series outlines how a strategic ITAM practice will deliver enhanced business value through creation of strategic stakeholder...
Oracle Corporation have long been famous for their database software, and their often tricky, sometimes flummoxing, usually expensive, licensing rules – and the audits that go with them. IT Asset Managers worldwide have struggled, often through no fault of their own, to understand...
Image by Thomas Breher from Pixabay We saw a few weeks ago that Quest Software have taken Nike to court over their refusal to settle up for license non-compliance discovered during an audit (article here). Nike have submitted a counter claim and it is full of very interesting details,...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process