Image by Thomas Breher from Pixabay We saw a few weeks ago that Quest Software have taken Nike to court over their refusal to settle up for license non-compliance discovered during an audit (article here). Nike have submitted a counter claim and it is full of very interesting details,...
Quest Software are suing Nike, according to court documents filed on April 24, 2018. This is another case of an audit shortfall dispute making its way to the courtroom. Who are Quest Software? Quest Software are perhaps best known for their Toad database management tools. Founded...
Microsoft are suing Community Health Systems (CHS), a Fortune 500 company based in Franklin, Tennessee, USA, for alleged copyright infringement and breach of contract. What’s the issue? The court docket from the Central Court of Tennessee Middle District Court says: “on or about...
In this video, Geoff Worsely, SAM Enterprise Architect of Aspera shares his advice when entering into Software Agreements as they may not be as transparent as they seem. As an ex auditor himself, he advises to check through audit clauses thoroughly to ensure as a customer, we understand...
Our organisation has recently gone through a lot of change – we have been bought out by a much larger organisation and are now a division that is being incorporated into a large, enterprise organisation. Whilst this is an exciting time for us, it has also been extremely challenging. The...
In this video, Richard Spithoven of b.lay explains what audit trends he is seeing in the market from Oracle, the most common compliance issues, Oracle’s licensing policies around VM Ware and Java. Richard will be speaking at both our UK and USA conferences on day two covering...
In this video, Brian Ross Global Audit Director of Veritas Technologies, talks to us about increasing your chances of a favourable audit settlement by maintaining a positive and productive relationship with your vendor. Brian explains that the key is to involve all internal...
The ITAM Review Podcast: Episode 20 Sanj Santora, TmaxSoft In this podcast I speak with Sanj Sanotra from TmaxSoft. Sanj (an ex-Oracle LMS auditor) and I talk about his experiences at Oracle. Sanj suggests that the majority of Oracle’s current cloud sales in the UK are offered as...
Firstly, apologies for not writing an article in so long; we’ve been extremely busy dealing with a recent IBM ‘review’. We learnt an awful lot during and post review, and I wanted to share my experiences with you. Obviously, I’m going to keep a number of details secret and...
Following this advice will ensure that you are always audit ready and are on top of your SAM & License management game. One of the best pieces of advice that I received from a SAM professional was to treat everyday as if your organisation was being audited. At the time I laughed...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging