This is part two of a three part series. Read the first part here. This article has been contributed by Kylie Fowler. Regular columnist and Analyst at The ITAM Review. Data Gathering On the face of it, an audit is simple. You establish what is deployed on your estate, you establish...
This article has been contributed by Kylie Fowler. Regular columnist and Analyst at The ITAM Review. 1. I’ve had a request for an audit… what do I do now? Most audit requests come through as a letter or an email addressed to a senior manager or Officer of the company. If it doesn’t...
2-Year Forbearance from Vendor Audits for Certified Organizations Last year the Business Software Alliance (BSA) launched an industry training course and certification scheme based on the ISO/IEC 19770-1 SAM Standard (further details here). Today the BSA launch an ‘Organizational’...
Gartner mentioned an interesting concept in their April 2010 Marketscope for ITAM tools. In the section on Software License Compliance they state that some organisations view their ITAM program as an insurance policy against the threat of software audits (Invest fixed costs in one...
ITAM industry veteran Alan Plastow and Integrity Software deliver a deep dive into the risks and costs associated with non-compliance and dealing with enforcement agencies. In this recorded webinar Al provides an overview of: Worldwide Enforcement Agencies Compliance Exposures...
Are you bored at work? Do you fancy a new challenge? How about the prospect of attracting lots of board level attention, the threat of legal action, loss of IT jobs, enormous punitive charges and all round fire fighting with a vendor audit? Simply follow this quick guide and you’ll...
Whilst at IAITAM I had the opportunity for a brief chat with Eliot Arlo Colon, President at Miro Consulting, Inc. With over 400 clients on retainers assisting clients with license management and 10 years negotiating/re-negotiating Oracle and Microsoft contracts, Miro knows a thing...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging