This article – “An introduction to Engineering software” was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review and Paul Empringham, European Sales Director, TeamEDA. What are Engineering Tools? A class of software exists in many companies that collectively is known as; “Engineering...
In a statement issued to customers. Autodesk has declared its intention to being a subscription only company. The statement infers a general direction towards subscription rather than a specific cut-off date, but it is clear that Autodesk is keen to transition customers across to...
As SAM pros we all hear about the value of identifying unused software. A recent study from 1E has examined the applications most likely to be unused in an organisation. The study is available here (no registration required). If you are looking for cost savings: This article can...
Forever 21 store in Singapore On January 29th, The Verge reported that Adobe is suing the fashion chain Forever 21 for a number of copyright infringements and un-licensed software. The Verge states that: “Forever 21 pirated 63 different instances of Adobe software including copies...
The Business Software Alliance (BSA) has found an engineering design company to be non-compliant on Autodesk software, resulting in a payout of over £30k. Project Options Ltd Project Options Ltd are the organisation in question and they were found to have unlicensed Autodesk software...
Ori Kaplan This article was written and contributed by Ori Kaplan, Support Manager at OpenLM. Floating Software Licensing is a method of sharing a limited number of licensed applications throughout an organization (or part of it). Floating licenses are normally more expensive than...
Autodesk is best known for Computer-aided Design (CAD) Software Autodesk products are used by more than 10 million architects, designers, engineers, manufacturers, and digital artists across multiple industries, including architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, automotive,...
Autodesk Australia has successfully sued Ginos Engineers Pty Ltd, an engineering firm based in Adelaide, for copyright infringement of its CAD software.
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022