A new report, commissioned by CISPE (Cloud Infrastructure Services Providers in Europe), sees Professor Frédéric Jenny looking into the “prevalence and impact” of alleged unfair licensing terms from software vendors – with particular relation to the cloud. CISPE believe that...
This article is collaboration between AJ Witt, The ITAM Review, and Maarten Saeys, Head of Product Marketing, Lansweeper At its annual Inspire conference this year, Microsoft formally announced that development for MAP Toolkit, a widely used inventory tool for Microsoft environments,...
This is the final article of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review and Josh Brazee of Aspera. The series explores concepts & practical advice for managing Cloud deployments to minimise cost and risk whilst maximising value. Part One – provides an overview of the cloud...
I sat down with Patricia Adams, Senior Director of Strategy for Flexera, to talk about the cloud (primarily IaaS like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS), what it means for existing ITAM managers, and how it will shape the future of the industry. Discussion topics include: Cloud...
This article is the first of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review and Josh Brazee of Aspera. The series explores concepts & practical advice for managing Cloud deployments to minimise cost and risk whilst maximising value. Part One – (This article) provides an overview...
Microsoft have announced changes to how organisations purchase Azure cloud services. Starting March 2019, Microsoft will introduce the Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA), a new offering for Azure services which will make the “licensing transaction process easier, more efficient...
Microsoft have announced Windows Virtual Desktop, a new Azure based offering that aims to make desktop virtualisation easier for organisations to deploy and manage. What does it do? Its big things is that it will enable multi-user virtual desktop sessions – that is, where multiple...
Here is the second of the ITAM Review Market Guides – this time looking at tools and services to help manage IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) in the public cloud. IaaS environments, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS, are becoming an ever-bigger infrastructure component for...
Added into the May 2018 Microsoft Product Terms, we have Server Subscriptions for Azure AKA on-premises software via the CSP (Cloud Solution Provider) program. What is it? This new offering covers: Windows Server Standard Windows Server CAL Windows Server External Connector Windows...
Microsoft have announced, as of November 17, 2017, the availability of Azure Reserved Instances. This concept has existed with Amazon AWS for some time, so it’s interesting see Microsoft now adding this to their Azure repertoire. What is it? Currently available only to Enterprise...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process