This article suggests a four-step process for managing SAP users and indirect access. It is a mixture of feedback from our SIG calls on SAP Indirect Access and ITAM Best Practice using the ITAM Review’s 12 Box Methodology. The article is designed to accompany our webinar on the...
Tag: Best Practice
Introduction Over the past ten years or so, software asset management (SAM) has seen a large increase in demand and interest in its services. SAM professionals are now considered a niche, with established, specialist professionals in high demand from a variety of organisations across...
The ITAM Review will be running a SAM Workshop at the BCS in London on the 29th April. This will be an interactive session whereby those with issues or interest around SAM can discuss openly in a confidential setting with peers. The day will start with an introduction to SAM best...
“Do your homework” Based on my experiences, here are my top tips for the next generation of SAM professionals. Absorb information You can learn a lot from your colleagues, both good and bad: Learn from their mistakes and successes Understand how they are doing things...
It seems The Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) has still not solved it’s life long identity crisis. John Lovelock, chief executive of FAST, now claims that FAST will now serve to “bridge the gap between software vendors and users”. With many software vendors...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know