This article is the first of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review and Josh Brazee of Aspera. The series explores concepts & practical advice for managing Cloud deployments to minimise cost and risk whilst maximising value. Part One – (This article) provides an overview...
Tag: cloud computing
Image Credit: Robert Couse-Baker 2018 is shaping up to be the Year of Open Source as industry giants scramble to invest in the software and infrastructure powering modern applications. This year has already seen Microsoft acquire Github and donate many of its patents to the Open Invention...
We often hear that IT Asset Management can help organisations manage their IT assets, and prevent any unwanted surprises. We believe that ITAM can help organisations avoid ‘messy situations’ and can help organisations become more aware of any existing or potential risks within...
Upgrading to Adobe CC There are a number of changes within Adobe’s licensing metric for Adobe Creative Cloud, and they have re-organised the software bundles. We have posted a number of documents and licensing guides for Adobe Creative Cloud, including Adobe Licensing Quick Guide...
Introduction What Mobile Applications will you allow within your organisation? This is part 1 of 2 on managing applications on mobile assets. Part 2 is coming soon! Mobile assets are becoming more important due to their increase in demand and now require serious management due to...
This independent review is part of our Inventory and Discovery Tool Review. Executive Summary Elevator pitch Powerful agentless discovery for large and complex IT environments. Strengths Dynamic User Interface (UI). Everything is interactive and easy to use, and the information...
Where is the licensing market going? If you would like to find out more about SAM Licensing or need general help with SAM then why not attend one of our SAM Workshops taking place in London, Berlin or New York soon. No matter what, all software and applications have a license...
Looking into the future of Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing Adobe Creative Cloud – A Look into the Crystal Ball is a guest post from John Tomeny, VP of Sassafras Software Adobe has announced an important change for Creative Cloud licensing in Australia. Historically such...
The ITAM Review team attended the European version of Gartner’s ITAM Summit in London last week for great networking and ITAM and IT procurement led presentations. Gartner Analyst Stewart Buchanan led an interesting session on the future of SAM tools where he argued that the future...
The question of deploying Oracle databases to the cloud has started to come up more frequently among our clients and with good reason. Amazon and Microsoft have slashed the costs of deploying a virtual server, which makes it more appealing for IT departments to consider pushing...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- EULA’s explained in simple terms