Another software audit case has gone to court – February 2019 saw the start of a case between Micro Focus v Express Scripts Inc. The document I have access to is a report of the initial summary judgment findings which gives a great insight into the content of the issue but, as this...
This article is the third of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review written in collaboration with ServiceNow’s Ryan Wood-Taylor & Peter Beruk. The series outlines how a strategic ITAM practice will deliver enhanced business value through creation of strategic stakeholder...
As IT and procurement communities are being surrounded by an army of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS sales teams, a potentially dangerous sentiment has grown that by shifting apps elsewhere and/or by paying subscription instead of owning perpetual licenses, the license compliance headaches (and...
ABInBev brands include Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois and Becks The £60m potential fine mentioned in the recent Diageo case with SAP over indirect access looks like small beer, excuse the pun, compared to the $600m settlement mentioned for SAP licensing violations for the multi-national...
What is the brick wall stopping your progress with ITAM? If your organization is running an in-house Software Asset Management program, the chances are your SAM team can boil their activity down to one thing: Compliance. Ensuring your organization isn’t under-licensed (and...
‘Grandes mentiras frequentemente voltam para assombrar o narrador.’ Ao longo de quase duas décadas de vida profissional, não é raro encontrar momentos em que me questiono se o que ouvimos de nossos clientes realmente é verdade. Trabalhando a maior parte do tempo como...
A compliance Bullseye By Christof Beaupoil, President and Co-Founder of Aspera Technologies Inc. When it comes to Oracle licensing, the universal question is: Why do they make it so hard? The answer is simple: Because they can. IT experts agree about three things: Oracle’s database...
Building on our Oracle seminars, we’re pleased to continue our series of seminars on IBM and SAP licensing and audit defence with a stop in New York. This seminar will cover the key issues of IBM and SAP licensing and will include expert industry speakers such as Eric Chiu and...
Building on our Oracle seminars, we’re pleased to introduce a series of seminars on IBM and SAP licensing and audit defence. This seminar will cover the key issues of IBM and SAP licensing and will include expert industry speakers, interactive workshops and the chance to network...
Mathieu Baissac Ahead of the Compliance Manager Summit 10-11 March in Santa Clara, we interviewed speaker and VP Product Manager at Flexera Software, Mathieu Baissac about his thoughts on compliance and the ITAM industry in general. Q. Is it possible to deploy compliance aware software...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know