Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 8: What is the difference between IT Inventory and Discovery Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, Inventory and Discovery. What do they mean? Why are they important? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYqb4SJVpQ Please...
This article has been contributed by Mark Dobson, ITAD Specialist at NextUse. ITAD for Mobile Devices When you’re about to retire dozens or hundreds of your employees’ mobile devices, you don’t want the company data stored on them to end up in the hands of your competitors...
This article was written by Rich Gibbons of ITAM Review and Peter Rowe of Crayon Australia. Data is the new oil An oft-quoted phrase, which has caused considerable disagreement as to whether it’s even correct. Nonetheless, it does have a particular resonance for the ITAM world...
What does being Audit Ready look like? We often refer to the concept of being ‘audit ready’ within the ITAM industry, and it is something that any organisation with an ITAM function strives to achieve. Due to the structure and nature of organisations, being ‘audit ready’ may...
Software licensing for academic environments is different to corporate organisations as vendors want young people to use their software from an early age. They believe that this will lead to future usage or sales in the future as the user has been using the software since they were...
Forever 21 store in Singapore On January 29th, The Verge reported that Adobe is suing the fashion chain Forever 21 for a number of copyright infringements and un-licensed software. The Verge states that: “Forever 21 pirated 63 different instances of Adobe software including copies...
The ITAM Review has learned of yet more disquiet in the public sector data arena recently with two London councils being severely rapped for breaches of the Data Protection Act, after the loss of two unencrypted laptops containing sensitive personal information. While information...
Is your Asset Database 'Match Fit'? The ISO SAM Standard refers to the concept of ‘Trustworthy Data’. As the name suggests – it is data that the organization trusts. Whilst no enterprise level asset database is 100% accurate, we need to have a sufficient level of confidence...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide