Key phrases; Activation: When the software is installed, a serial number of activation code is required to unlock use to the software. Allows vendor to track activations and also allows them to stop any unauthorized installs. Application: Software name. Asset Management:...
Barium: with clear visibility and transparency of the insides of the patient, the Doctor can make an informed prognosis. The Mega-Vendor Arab Spring In my experience the vast majority of businesses are enthusiastic about technology and are happy to pay a fair price for it. However,...
CRN reports that UK Trading Standards have worked with the Metropolitan Police to exercise the new law on software piracy.
The Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) is to team up with Trading Standards in a pilot campaign based in Cardiff this summer. One thousand companies in the Welsh capital are due to be sent advice on how to achieve compliance followed up by visitors from Trading Standards. Trading...
It seems The Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) has still not solved it’s life long identity crisis. John Lovelock, chief executive of FAST, now claims that FAST will now serve to “bridge the gap between software vendors and users”. With many software vendors...
An interesting article by Martin Brampton; The Brampton Factor: Licensed to bill Software piracy may well be a very bad thing. But does it justify inflicting misery on legitimate software buyers, asks Martin Brampton. There is a lot of talk about the awfulness of software piracy...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide