Gartner has updated their Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Managed Services. Managed service providers help customers with some of the heavy lifting involved in delivering ITAM within an organisation. The better providers help customer use the information gleaned to inform...
In this podcast I speak with Becky Trevino of Snow Software, Cory Wheeler of Zylo and Mathias Knops of USU on the role of magic quadrants in the marketing mix for technology companies, why Gartner might have stopped the SAM magic quadrant (withdrawn in February 2021) and the research...
In this podcast AJ Witt from the ITAM Review discusses Gartner’s first Magic Quadrant for SAM Service Providers with Ron Brill and Kris Johnson from AnglePoint. Topics discussed include: What SAM Managed Service Providers do How to select a SAM Managed Service Provider Types...
Image by Gino Crescoli from Pixabay April saw the release of Gartner’s 2nd Magic Quadrant for SAM tools. Magic Quadrants aim to highlight solutions to a particular requirement by ranking them on two dimensions – completeness of vision and ability to deliver. As ITAM grows in maturity...
Canary Wharf, London, 2018 This podcast was recorded live at the Gartner IT Sourcing, Procurement, Vendor and Asset Management Summit last month. I’m joined by Scott Beasley of License Dashboard, Hugh and Mark from Livingstone and Jochen Hagenlocher. Podcast Topics: SAM Tools...
Gartner this week published their first ever research into the SAM Tools marketplace and the results are a mix of surprises and expectations. It is great for the industry to see some focus from Gartner on the SAM marketplace. Overall this should help SAM professionals and tools vendors...
The European autumn SAM conference season is here! IAITAM have the honour of kicking it off on 1st and 2nd of September with the IAITAM Fall ACE in Dublin. This is followed by the Gartner IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit in London and the SAMS Europe Conference,...
September News Round Up It’s been a reasonably busy month in the world of ITAM for September, with the biggest news coming from Oracle. The ITAM Review have also had a busy month with a number of new articles and events news! September news: Microsoft to stop Office365 On demand...
The ITAM Review team attended the European version of Gartner’s ITAM Summit in London last week for great networking and ITAM and IT procurement led presentations. Gartner Analyst Stewart Buchanan led an interesting session on the future of SAM tools where he argued that the future...
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! As 2013 begins to draw to a close, I thought it would be nice to finish off the year with a final article that’s an overview of what has happened at the ITAM Review over the last 12 months. That’s right, this will be our last post for 2013...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?