IBM has announced two products designed to improve hybrid IT governance. First up is IBM Turbonomic Application Resource Management, the first fruits of IBM’s acquisition of Turbonomic in 2021. By combining Turbonomic’s existing IaaS management capabilities with IBM’s AIOps,...
This article is the first in a two-part series co-authored with Tamsir Fayer, VP & CMO of Softcorner. With the COP26 agreement in place, now is the time for everyone, including IT departments, to do their part in addressing the climate emergency. At a global level this will be...
Cloud conduct principles – realistic? April 2021 saw the release of “Ten Principles of Fair Software Licensing for Cloud Customers” by Cigref and CISPE – an attempt to bring some control and guidelines to how on-premises licenses are used in public cloud environments. Who...
ITAM and IaaS: Better together Multi Cloud Hydra: Flexera’s state of cloud report found that 92% of organisations are using multi-cloud…but only 33% are using multi-cloud management tools. Image Credit Flexera recently released their “State of Cloud 2021” report and, ahead...
Rich Gibbons sits down with experts from SoftwareONE – Kevin Hooton & Shadi Khoshab – who make predictions on what’s next in software management and discuss what you can do now and in the future to increase cost savings. Back in 2018, Kevin made a set of predictions about...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy organisation some good insight. Who is likely to increase audits?...
Containers are fast becoming a hot topic for many of us in ITAM. As DevOps practices, cloud, and digital transformation continue to expand within organisations, containers are being used more and more often – in a few different ways. To help you get a better picture of what’s...
Public Cloud aka Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) plays a part in most roles within a business – ITAM, architects, finance, security, CFO, CIO etc. – and continues to grow in importance. I talked to Damien Juillard, COO of SamBox.io/Elee, about some of the challenges posed...
The Travelex ransomware attack demonstrates the perils of IT mismanagement for digitised companies. In this month’s radio show the team discuss how the Travelex attack happened and the role of IT Asset Management teams. The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show for January 2020 starring: Martin...
It’s always useful for us to get a view of how certain subjects are affecting ITAM professionals and our latest “State of UK ITAM” survey covers a few hot topics! We’re looking at: Brexit SaaS IaaS Future Technology Tools Hardware Asset Management And it only takes...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process