This article “IBM IASP: The good, the bad, and the ugly” was submitted by Eric Chiu, Managing Director, Fisher ITS Image by Daniel Nebreda from Pixabay The IBM Authorised SAM Provider (IASP) programme first came to my attention at the beginning of 2020, back before the...
Tag: IBM Audits
Image by Bettina Nørgaard from Pixabay This story of an audit that found its way into court last year is, originally, from 2013 but only recently came to light…and it’s a doozy! What happened? According to a whistle-blower (a former IBM employee), IBM allegedly fraudulently created...
Big Blue – dying or pivoting – either way audits are getting more aggressive Ahead of our Australian conference in a couple of weeks time I spoke with Eric Chiu of HW Fisher and Glynn Thomas of Software Sense on IBM Licensing and IBM’s current approach to audits...
IBM auditors target compliance revenue per customer – Three strategies to tackle IBM software waste head-on
IBM audits are being used to prop up license revenue targets – not to protect IP One striking trend we see in modern audit activity is that software audits are NOT about reducing non-compliance. It is right and proper that a company should protect their intellectual property...
Eric Chiu of HW Fisher tells us how IBM customers get caught out with IBM licensing and audits, the recent changes to IBM’s passport advantage impacting customers and a preview of his upcoming sessions at the IBM & SAP seminars in London and New York.
IBM is to accept sub-capacity reporting from Flexera Software’s FlexNet Manager in place of ILMT, TADd and SUA. Whilst we’ve heard of this being acceptable on a deal by deal basis in the past, this is the first time IBM has publicly recognised a SAM tool for meeting their compliance...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process