Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 8: What is the difference between IT Inventory and Discovery Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, Inventory and Discovery. What do they mean? Why are they important? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYqb4SJVpQ Please...
This article presents a guide to Active Directory for IT Asset Managers – what it is, what it’s used for, and how you can use it to improve ITAM data quality and reduce audit risk. What is Active Directory? Active Directory (AD) is the “address book” for virtually...
This article is the third of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review written in collaboration with ServiceNow’s Ryan Wood-Taylor & Peter Beruk. The series outlines how a strategic ITAM practice will deliver enhanced business value through creation of strategic stakeholder...
Interested in finding out what’s running on your network but don’t have budget? Or maybe you’d like to verify the inventory your primary paid-for tool is providing? If so a good option is to deploy a free inventory tool. Modern tools and protocols can provide you...
IT Security vendor Qualys have added Asset Inventory to their Cloud Platform. They may be an unfamiliar vendor for IT Asset Managers but are leaders in the IT Security market, being the first to deliver a suite of security services such as vulnerability management and proof of compliance...
Baseline SAM is about reconciling what you own against what you’re using. ITAM tool vendors have mastered this for software installed on devices ranging from IoT sensors to mainframe computers. However, as Software-as-a-Service use grows, they are presented with both a threat to...
In this Podcast, I am joined by Mathias Knops, Head of Product Management at Aspera to discuss his experience and recommendations regarding Inventory and Discovery. Since the Aspera solution – SmartTrack, does not feature an Inventory or Discovery element, I was keen to...
Missing hardware creates havoc with ITAM accuracy Accurate hardware records are fundamental to a successful ITAM practice. We can’t save money on hardware and software or meet our governance goals with missing hardware. Accurate hardware records are foundational for both HAM and...
Key phrases; Activation: When the software is installed, a serial number of activation code is required to unlock use to the software. Allows vendor to track activations and also allows them to stop any unauthorized installs. Application: Software name. Asset Management:...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging