This independent review is part of our Inventory and Discovery Tool Review. Executive Summary Elevator pitch Powerful agentless discovery for large and complex IT environments. Strengths Dynamic User Interface (UI). Everything is interactive and easy to use, and the information...
This is an independent review of Certero AssetStudio for Inventory and Discovery. Executive Summary Elevator pitch Great all round inventory and discovery solution that can also be used for SAM and Systems Management. Strengths Customisable widgets for data graphs Very strong...
It’s time for another “Inventory Tools and Discovery” battle! In March, we are planning a refresh of our 2011 review focusing on Inventory and Discovery Tool selection. The aim of this review is to showcase best of breed Inventory products, highlight the key differentiators...
The SAM manager is embedded in SAM every day. They know what it entails. Their job can feel like an uphill struggle against numerous forces inside and outside the organization. As we all know, managing an organization’s licenses is no mean feat. It is a complex balancing act where...
“Lack of visibility is the biggest challenge” The most common challenge we face when starting a new software / IT asset management project is obtaining reliable data on exactly how many assets we’re dealing with. Lack of visibility is the biggest challenge. In SAM/ITAM...
What do people mean when they refer to a ‘SKU Catalogue’ for license management? In this article I hope to demonstrate why organizations utilise SKU catalogues, the difference between SKU catalogues and software recognition and the business value to SAM practitioners. Shopping...
This independent review of BMC Footprints Inventory Manager and Compliance Manager from BMC Software is part of our 2012 SAM Tools Review. See all participants and terms of the review here. Executive Summary Elevator Pitch A work in progress for SAM. All the foundation pieces...
How to Build Your ITAM Roadmap This article has been contributed by Mara Zeldin of Alsbridge. REGISTER FOR THE ITAM REVIEW NEWSLETTER TO DOWNLOAD THIS GUIDE AS A PDF. Introduction If you are like most IT professionals today you are under constant pressure to reduce costs. After...
"Intune to Handle Mobile Devices" This article has been contributed by Don Retallack, Analyst at Directions on Microsoft. Don analyzes and writes about Microsoft’s systems management and security offerings, including System Center and Forefront products. Intune Update...
Scalable Software has announced the release of a free ‘community’ version of their cloud based inventory tool, Asset Vision. You might know Scalable for their über-forensic on-premise inventory tool ‘Survey’ or their packaging and deployment tool WinINSTALL, bought from Attachmate...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process