The last two decades has seen Information Technology radically transform many industries. IT is no longer the geeks in the corner fixing your laptop, IT is now a thread which runs through the fabric of every business. For many vertical industries, switching off IT means switching...
Tag: iso 19770
One of the founding goal’s of The ITAM Forum has been to create the world’s first ISO/IEC 19770-1 certification. The ISO/IEC 19770-1 certification will help the ITAM industry as a whole gain more attention, investment and credibility, helping our industry mature into the...
Raising the profile of ITAM identified as the top benefit of ISO/IEC 19770-1 certification: ITAM Forum survey
The buzz around ISO 19770-1 certification continues to ramp up. Last month The ITAM Forum opened its doors to organizations wishing to certify themselves against the ITAM standard, ISO/IEC 19770-1, for the first time. Read more here Coinciding with this, the ITAM Forum has polled...
ITAM Review Podcast: Change Makers Series In this episode of the Change Makers podcast series, we speak with Dennis Montanje. Dennis leads the ITAM Forum’s Certification workstream, which is working to create the world’s first, globally-recognised ISO 19770 standard certification...
Windows 8 Preview SWID Tag - CLICK TO ENLARGE Back in April we reported how Microsoft was about to embed ISO/IEC 19770-2 tags into their software (Microsoft to Embed ISO/IEC 19770-2 Software ID Tags). Now, a few months later, lo and behold Steve Klos over at Tagvault has spotted the...
Heather Young, Global Manager, SAM Services and Partners, Microsoft Corporation Great news for the SAM Industry this week. Software giant Microsoft has announced adoption of ISO/IEC 19770-2 software identification tags. Heather Young, Global Manager, SAM Services and Partners, Microsoft...
Robin Trebec, IT Asset Manager at Chevron, will be presenting a session at IAITAM next month entitled “I don’t need friends at work, I have friends at home: ITAM from the trenches”. I recently corresponded with Robin regarding her upcoming session and her experiences as an IT...
SAM industry veteran Express Metrix have recently spun-off Apptria, a company specifically focused at providing software recognition capabilities to other ISV’s. Kris Barker, co-founder and CEO of Apptria will be presenting a session at the IAITAM Annual Conference and Exhibition this...
Best Use of Tags 2011 This is an advanced notice that TagVault.org and The ITAM Review will be running the ‘Best Use of Tags’ contest in early 2011. The contest, now in its second year, aims to identify and recommend those SAM vendors who have clearly demonstrated the use of...
2010 SIIA CODiE Awards K2 – KeyAuditor & KeyServer, from Sassafras Software, has been named the Best Asset Management Solution in the 2010 CODiE Awards competition. The award was presented to Sassafras Software by the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA). Sassafras...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process