Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 17: What is sub-capacity licensing Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDEZUQqWqvE&t Please like, follow, subscribe to Whiteboard Wednesday...
As IT and procurement communities are being surrounded by an army of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS sales teams, a potentially dangerous sentiment has grown that by shifting apps elsewhere and/or by paying subscription instead of owning perpetual licenses, the license compliance headaches (and...
This may come as a surprise to you, but there are some people that find Software Asset Management and Software Licensing a tedious, dull subject. Not being one of those people, I find it tough to understand how and why they don’t find our industry fascinating. There are thousands...
Key phrases; Activation: When the software is installed, a serial number of activation code is required to unlock use to the software. Allows vendor to track activations and also allows them to stop any unauthorized installs. Application: Software name. Asset Management:...
Customers of Microsoft face a number of challenges with Microsoft licensing. However, there are a number of challenges that organisations may not be aware of that also need attention and the correct management. In this article we will go over a few of the lesser known Microsoft challenges...
The CCL recently hosted a Microsoft Licensing round-table with a number of enterprise organisations present, this article shares some of the key concerns organisations face managing Microsoft. Have your say – what are your key issues with Microsoft Licensing? Please complete...
This is a guest article contributed by Probuddho Halder, a SAM and Software Licensing expert based in India. Probuddho is a young and enthusiastic SAM professional. He likes to read and write about SAM and software procurement. Designing SAM strategy and implementation...
Welcome to the first in our series for our new feature – The End User Review. We have had a number of entries for this feature, so thank you very much to everyone that has contributed so far. If you’d like to have your say, and your story told, please complete the review here. Our...
When you install a new piece of software either from the Internet or from a network drive within your organisation, you will have come across the click-through licensing concept. The click-through license is usually in the installer or set-up process when installing new software or...
Chris Hughes, Flexera Software This article has been contributed by Chris Hughes of Flexera Software. Generally, when we think about SAP named user license optimization, the focus is on three key optimizations: Identifying inactive users Inactive SAP user accounts are retired to...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process