“Reality is changing – I’d suggest you get involved” As with almost any complex area of life or business, Software Asset Management is seldom black and white. Like most of us, SAM practitioners need to deal with various shades of grey. This is the first of two articles...
This article has been contributed by Matt Fisher, Sales & Marketing Director at License Dashboard. It’s often all-too easy to take what your Discovery tool is telling you at face value. From a license management point of view, that can mean importing the inventory data straight...
[Thank you to regular reader ‘Niall’ who kindly contributed this article ] Last week Microsoft released details regarding licensing changes for System Center 2012. Companies that are considering any growth or expansion of their existing system management products should...
This is part three of a three part series. Read the first part here. This article has been contributed by Kylie Fowler. Regular columnist and Analyst at The ITAM Review. Once you have pulled the deployment and entitlement data together, it must be compared to identify if there are...
This article has been contributed by Julie Machal‐Fulks, of Scott & Scott, LLP. Many enterprises are exploring virtual technology as a way to reduce both hardware and software technology costs related to IBM solutions. For disaster recovery, security, and resource allocation...
Great conversations were had at the UK SAM Networking event this week at Covent Garden. Connect with either Ian Preskett, David Phillips or the BCS to join future sessions. One popular topic was the recent changes to SQL licensing which are likely to affect many organizations. Paul...
You might know 1E for their NightWatchman brand, famous for switching off PCs at night when they are not in use and saving energy. 1E boasts some 16 million licenses across 1400 customers and the company claims that over 90% of their customers use the Microsoft SCCM platform for systems...
This article has been contributed by Sandi Conrad of Conrad & Associates. Sandi is the author of the “SAM Starter Kit” published by The ITAM Review. When first setting up an asset management practice, determining which licenses can be proven as legal can be quite...
This Quick Guide was updated in July 2014. View the latest version here, or simply subscribe to our free newsletter to receive a free PDF copy instantly. Introduction Like most other software publishers, Adobe licensing is seen as a complex subject. With Adobe’s Volume Licensing...
Whilst at IAITAM I had the opportunity for a brief chat with Eliot Arlo Colon, President at Miro Consulting, Inc. With over 400 clients on retainers assisting clients with license management and 10 years negotiating/re-negotiating Oracle and Microsoft contracts, Miro knows a thing...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- We don’t talk about ITAM (no, no, no)
- Microsoft makes big changes to licensing policies for European Cloud Providers
- How to reduce e-waste – ITAM’s role in meeting sustainability goals
- Microsoft 24×7 support to be retired
- Why ITAM deserves a seat at the FinOps Table
- As ITAM ascends, what does it all mean for ITAM salaries and skills?
- Interview Tips: How to win at job interviews
- The Software Licensing of Robots
- Podcast: Creating business value with ITAM
- 69% of Tech Executives Say Shadow IT is Top Security Concern: Torii Study
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide