Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy organisation some good insight. Who is likely to increase audits?...
Tag: Microsoft Azure
Public Cloud aka Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) plays a part in most roles within a business – ITAM, architects, finance, security, CFO, CIO etc. – and continues to grow in importance. I talked to Damien Juillard, COO of SamBox.io/Elee, about some of the challenges posed...
It’s easy to think, in these days of ever greater cloud infrastructure adoption, that VMware doesn’t have the clout they once did in the IT world. In fact, I recently had a client demote the vendor from their top 20 list, where they’d sat for many a year. More businesses are...
Microsoft have recently announced a new service in public preview – Azure Dedicated Hosts. This new service allows you to run dedicated servers within the Azure datacentre – that is physical servers that are used solely to run capacity for your organisation. How does it work? There...
This is the final article of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review and Josh Brazee of Aspera. The series explores concepts & practical advice for managing Cloud deployments to minimise cost and risk whilst maximising value. Part One – provides an overview of the cloud...
The Microsoft Azure Hybrid Benefit for Windows Server (formerly Windows Server Azure Hybrid Use Benefit) has been around for some time now. It was announced in late 2017 that this benefit would be extended to SQL Server – and we now have details! What does it do? The Microsoft...
Readers tell me Azure and AWS sessions face the same sprawl challenges as virtual machines or really useful apps How readily are organisations adopting cloud-computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS? What are the blockers to adopting this kind of elastic computing...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process