The day that many have been expecting/dreading is here – the first “proper” Microsoft 365 price increase has been announced. Microsoft’s logic is that, since the introduction of Office 365 in 2011, they have added 1,400 new features and twenty-four new apps. Microsoft list...
Tag: Microsoft Licensing
Visual Studio licensing Visual Studio subscriptions are licensed Per User with each licensed user able to use: “any number of copies of the software and any prior version on any [dedicated] device” And may use the software to: “design, develop, test, and demonstrate their programs” The...
Audits, acquisitions, and lawsuits There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be, to say the least, difficult! Our ITAM industry news round ups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help keep you...
“Frontline” Microsoft 365 licenses Microsoft has introduced 3 new “frontline” Microsoft 365 SKUs: Microsoft 365 F5 Security ($8 per user per month) Microsoft 365 F5 Compliance ($8 per user per month) Microsoft 365 F5 Security & Compliance ($13 per user...
Microsoft admit the robots are coming! The Microsoft Product Terms for April 2020 contained a little gem of information that, despite the lack of associated fanfare, is actually pretty significant. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a growing area of business – the idea of...
On December 11, 2019 we ran our 3rd Online Summit – “Making Sense of Microsoft”. This was our most successful Online Summit to date with 724 registrations from 44 different countries across 5 continents, again showing that Microsoft, and ITAM, really is a global concept! While...
At Inspire, their annual partner conference, Microsoft announced upcoming licensing changes for 3 products: Dynamics 365 PowerApps Flow The changes discussed below will take effect October 1, 2019 and this article is based on information released at Microsoft Inspire and via subsequent...
This article has been written by Rich Gibbons of ITAM Review and Michael Vilain of Relicense. The pre-owned software market has been around for longer than you think but is still very much in the growth stage. It exists primarily in the EU (and also Norway & Switzerland*) and...
A recent report from Bath & North East Somerset (BANES) council gives some great insight into the world of local authorities, infrastructure, technical debt, and Microsoft licensing. What’s happening? Relating to a decision taken on March 26th, 2019, the council report “IT...
Reuters report that the Israeli government is preparing not to renew their Microsoft licensing agreement for “Office, Windows, and server software”. According to the Israeli Finance Ministry, “Microsoft is trying to shift Israel…to a subscription system that...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know