Visual Studio licensing Visual Studio subscriptions are licensed Per User with each licensed user able to use: “any number of copies of the software and any prior version on any [dedicated] device” And may use the software to: “design, develop, test, and demonstrate their programs” The...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 7: How to save money on user licensing models Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we look at user licensing. What is it? How do I save money? https://youtu.be/E40kw3–eH0 Please...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy ITAM professional some good insights. Who is likely to increase...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy organisation some good insight. Who is likely to increase audits?...
Image by Patricia Alexandre from Pixabay There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be difficult – to say the least! Our ITAM industry news roundups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help...
2020 has been tough globally – on businesses of all types – but won’t someone think of the vendors? When it comes to planning your next 12 – 24 months, it’s important to consider the impact on software vendors and how this might ultimately impact you, their customers. Won’t...
Battenberg: ITAM jargon busted via the medium of Cake In the ITAM Review radio show for May 2020 the team discuss working Microsoft’s short lived covid gesture, target operating models and the Software Asset Manager role at Metro Bank in the UK. Agenda: Scaremongering of the...
This article is collaboration between AJ Witt, The ITAM Review, and Maarten Saeys, Head of Product Marketing, Lansweeper At its annual Inspire conference this year, Microsoft formally announced that development for MAP Toolkit, a widely used inventory tool for Microsoft environments,...
This article “Ten Questions to ask your SaaS vendor” has been co-authored by AJ Witt, The ITAM Review and Dusan Omercevic, CEO & Founder of Cleanshelf Executive Summary SaaS spending is growing rapidly. By 2020, it will overtake spending on on-premises, perpetually-licensed...
In a recent announcement, Microsoft have revealed changes to several Software Assurance benefits, with the first changes happening in February 2020 (just 5 months from now). While there doesn’t appear to be one place with all the information, I’ve done my best to bring it together...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know