Microsoft have announced more changes to their Software Assurance program – this time its the 24×7 Problem Resolution Support that is on the chopping block. 24×7 support will be retired/killed off/ended as of February 1, 2023. Historically, access to 24×7 support has been...
Microsoft have recently made Power Apps available under a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) model, alongside the traditional “per user”/ “per app” options. The rationale behind Power Apps pay-as-you-go appears to be so Redmond can help organisations digitally transform faster while also...
This article is the first in a two-part series co-authored with Tamsir Fayer, VP & CMO of Softcorner. With the COP26 agreement in place, now is the time for everyone, including IT departments, to do their part in addressing the climate emergency. At a global level this will be...
A new report, commissioned by CISPE (Cloud Infrastructure Services Providers in Europe), sees Professor Frédéric Jenny looking into the “prevalence and impact” of alleged unfair licensing terms from software vendors – with particular relation to the cloud. CISPE believe that...
Visual Studio licensing Visual Studio subscriptions are licensed Per User with each licensed user able to use: “any number of copies of the software and any prior version on any [dedicated] device” And may use the software to: “design, develop, test, and demonstrate their programs” The...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 7: How to save money on user licensing models Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we look at user licensing. What is it? How do I save money? https://youtu.be/E40kw3–eH0 Please...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy ITAM professional some good insights. Who is likely to increase...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy organisation some good insight. Who is likely to increase audits?...
Image by Patricia Alexandre from Pixabay There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be difficult – to say the least! Our ITAM industry news roundups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help...
2020 has been tough globally – on businesses of all types – but won’t someone think of the vendors? When it comes to planning your next 12 – 24 months, it’s important to consider the impact on software vendors and how this might ultimately impact you, their customers. Won’t...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging